Topical Brimonidine Following IPL Offers Same Efficacy With Less Erythema
Patients with facial telangiectasia who receive topical brimonidine following IPL treatment experience less postprocedure erythema with no reduction in efficacy. Anne‐Cathrine E. Vissing, Christine Dierickx, Katrine E. Karmisholt and Merete Haedersdal of Denmark, performed a randomized, two-center, single-blinded, split-face trial on 19 patients with facial telangiectasia. The patients were treated with adjuvant brimonidine and air‐cooling on one side of the face and air‐cooling alone on the other. The brimonidine was applied at the end of each of three IPL‐treatments, performed at three-week intervals. Blinded evaluators measured erythema and edema and IPL efficacy using photo evaluation. Red filter analysis provided objective erythema scores .
The researchers found that IPL treatment induced moderate-to-severe erythema after each treatment. Application of brimonidine reduced post-treatment erythema to baseline values compared to air‐cooling alone and...
The last Posts from "Surgical Aesthetics Magazine"
- Laser Focused
- Nextech Acquires SRS Health Specialty EMR for Orthopedic Practices
- Allergan Launches New BOTOX Cosmetic “Own Your Look” Consumer Campaign
- FDA Approves Jeuveau PrabotulinumtoxinA-xvfs For Injection
- Practice Management: Blueprint for Success
- Real Housewife Sonja Morgan Is New Face of CoolSculpting
- New Oral Antibiotic For Acne Now Available
- One Third of Dermatologists Mix Injectable Fillers Prior to Injection
- Practice By Design
- Repechage and Bellus Academy Launch First CIDESCO USA Skin Care Certification Course
- A Review of Botulinum Toxin Treatment for Platysma Bands
- Key Trends in Facial Plastic Surgery
- Cutera Announces Leadership Change
- Nano-Pulse Stimulation for Sebaceous Hyperplasia
- Neurotoxin Treatments and the Masseter Muscle
- Legal Issues: Informed Consent
- Microneedling Reduces Smoking- and Aging-Related Skin Wrinkles
- Cynosure Launches TempSure Surgical RF Technology
- Addona Named President of Long Island Plastic Surgical Group
- Exacerbation of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome After CAHA Injections
The headlines of Master Doctor
Drug to Rejuvenate Muscle Cells Developed
New study supports the development of an innovative drug treatment that has the potential to help the elderly to become fitter, faster and stronger.
Following a Standard Bathing Protocol Can Prevent Dangerous Infections among...
Following a standard bathing protocol which involves the use of antiseptic soap, mouthwash, and nose ointment can prevent dangerous infections among discharged hospital...
How To Manage This Often-Overlooked Challenge For SAHM Moms Who Want To Go...
I didn't do the working mom gig for long-only 10 weeks after my first child was born. I was a teacher at the time, the primary financial support for our household, and my...
Is One Form of Protein Best for Older Adults with Muscle Loss?
Protein is made up of building blocks called amino acids. The amino acids are strung together into longer chains like beads on a string. Each amino acid is joined to the next...
Sofas and vinyl flooring are poisoning children
Kids who live in public housing, where those materials are commonplace, have toxin levels up to 15 times higher than those who aren't exposed, Duke University scientists found.
Lazy Eye Associated With Children's Self-Perception
Researchers report that among 60 children with lazy eye, the condition was associated with lower measures of self-perception for peer acceptance and physical competence...
Decluttering Should Come With A Disclaimer And Here's Why
Over 10 years ago, I was strolling through Target with three toddlers and saw a pink, heart shaped cake pan in the dollar spot. I'd scored big time . We went home and I put my...
The best natural ways to prevent the flu
The flu season is still in effect, and while the vaccine-pushing media claims a vaccine is the only way to stop the flu, there are actually far more effective ways to...
One size does NOT fit all when it comes to medicine: Genetic study finds...
Chronic pain often pushes people to use opioid painkillers such as morphine and Vicodin, which may leave sufferers with an increased risk of prescription opioid addiction...
Record number of NHS staff quit because 'it's simply too much'
Between June 2017 and 2018, 10,257 NHS personnel blamed a poor work-life balance for them leaving the health service - a 178 per cent increase from just 3,689 in 2010-to-2011.