SPF 100 Sunscreen Offers Extra Protection
SPF 100+ sunscreen is more protective against sunburn than SPF 50+, according to a randomized, double-blind, split-face, natural sunlight exposure clinical trial published in the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology. Joshua D. Williams, PhD, et al, performed the study of 199 healthy men and women in Vail, Colorado. Each participant wore both the SPF 50+ and SPF 100+ sunscreens simultaneously during activities. They had no restrictions on use and application other than designation of the treatment area. Blinded evaluators assessed erythema on the day following exposure.
Participants averaged 6.1 ± 1.3 hours of sun exposure. The following day, the evaluators identified 55.3 percent of the participants as more sunburned on the SPF 50+ protected side compared to 5 percent on the SPF 100+ protected side. In addition, 40.7 percent of subjects had increased erythema scores on the SPF 50+ protected side versus 13.6 percent ...
The last Posts from "Surgical Aesthetics Magazine"
- Practice Management: Your Most Important Hire
- Matarasso and Pusic Take Helm at ASPS and PSF
- Rapidly Polymerizing Collagen For Revolumization
- CoolSculpting Cleared To Treat Below the Jawline
- AAFPRS and Candela Partner to Aid Domestic Abuse Survivors
- Hand Rejuvenation Treatments
- Page 1 Acquires Strategic Edge
- Candela and VBF To Provide Pro-Bono Laser Treatments
- Physician Interaction Best Predictor of Patient Satisfaction
- Without a Trace
- Allergan to Acquire Bonti
- Allergan Announces Results of Higher-Dose BOTOX Cosmetic for Glabellar Lines
- FDA Clears Sebacia Microparticles for Acne
- Lend Me Your Name
- Allergan Launches Spotlyte Digital Hub
- Sponsored: skinade offers great skin in as little as 30 days
- Multiple Applicators Improve Noninvasive Arm Fat Reduction Outcomes
- Canfield Scientific Acquires VISIOMED AG
- Pico 785nm Wavelength Effective For Purple, Blue and Green Tattoo Inks
- A Guiding Hand
The headlines of Master Doctor
Go Hard 12-Minute Workout
Workout equipment: Workout type: 12 minute Timer setting: 18 x :10 x :30 1. Burpee pull ups 2. Side lunges 3. Double unders OR Single unders 4. Snowboarder jumps 5. High knees...
HPV vaccine does NOT make girls more likely to have underage sex
Researchers at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver say they have disproved fears the HPV vaccine would make teenage girls more casual about having sex.
Neem oil found to be effective at fighting sleeping sickness
A study published in the African Journal of Traditional, Complementary and Alternative Medicines revealed that taking neem oil may help mitigate the risk of suffering from...
Pain after childbirth predicts postpartum depression, study finds
Doctors have long known that hormonal fluctuations and painful childbirth raise postpartum depression risks, but a new Brigham and Women's Hospital study shows pain after birth...
Ignoring Your Spouse May Benefit Your Relationship: Study
Avoiding a spouse's demands may help low-income couples relationship but will hurt wealthier couples, finds a new study.
Spending More Time Taking Care of Kids May Increase Reproductive Success in...
Males who spend more time taking care of kids may have higher reproductive success, reveals a new study.
How to Reduce Postpartum Depression After Delivery?
Better pain management measures following delivery can lower the risk of postpartum depression because poorly controlled pain might increase the risk of postpartum depression...
A Quarter of Adults Are Too Inactive, Putting Health at Risk
Over a quarter of the world's adults are putting themselves at greater risk for dementia, heart disease, and type 2 diabetes because they are not getting the minimal amount of...
Feminine Leadership Qualities: Is It an Expendable Frill?
Both men and women consider successful leaders need stereotypically masculine qualities such as assertiveness and competence than communal traits, finds a new study.
Meghan Markle pregnant: Is it safe to fly while expecting?
Prince Harry and his wife were seen holding hands when they arrived in the harbour city early on Monday morning on a Qantas A380 flight from London via Singapore.