Restylane Lyft Approved for Hands
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has approved the hyaluronic acid dermal filler Restylane Lyft for the correction of age-related volume loss in the back of the hands for patients over the age of 21. It is the first HA injectable gel to be FDA-approved for restoring fullness to the back of the hands.
The approval was based on a multi-center, randomized, evaluator-blinded, split-hand study that included 89 patients age 22 and older. The study met its primary endpoint, showing a clinically meaningful improvement in the correction of volume deficits of treated hands for up to six months. Restylane Lyft was shown to be both safe and well tolerated for the correction of volume deficit in the dorsal hand. After initial treatment, injection site responses (swelling, tenderness, redness, bruising, pain, itching, impaired hand function) were temporary and predominantly mild in intensity.
“This new indication demonstrates Nestle Skin Health's mission to deliver a stream of...
The last Posts from "Surgical Aesthetics Magazine"
- Triggering Immunity
- Cynosure To Distribute Nitrous Oxide and Oxygen System in Aesthetics Market
- Hong Kong Researchers Debut Novel Self-fitting Scaffold for Bone Regeneration
- Liquefaction Liposuction Offers Faster Extraction and Less Downtime
- Ortho Dermatologics Announces Aspire Scholarship Recipients
- RealSelf Appoints First Chief Medical Officer
- Merz Creates Americas Region and Expands Rhatigan's Role
- Bonti Announces Results of Phase 2a Scar Reduction Clinical Study
- New Book Covers the Latest in Noninvasive and Surgical Cosmetic Procedures
- Experimental Drug Reverses Hair Loss and Skin Damage in Mice
- ASAPS Launches Task Force To Research Brazilian Buttock Lift Complications
- Addressing the FDA Warning on Vaginal Rejuvenation Devices
- Hitting the Mark
- Altavilla Promoted to COO of Suneva Medical
- PDL Offers Long-Term Efficacy in Rosacea Patients
- Majority of Women Want Younger-Looking Hands
- AmSpa and IALA Announce Merger
- EpigenCare Files Patent for Personalized Consumer Skincare Testing Technology
- FDA Clears Vbeam Prima PDL for Sale in the U.S
- Study of Nano-Pulse Stimulation for Sebaceous Hyperplasia Launched
The headlines of Master Doctor
Aretha Franklin Died Of A Particularly Deadly Cancer That Gets Little Attention
But doctors hope the icon's death helps raise awareness of risk factors and a need for research around the disease.
Burn Fat and Build Muscle With This Upper-Body Dumbbell Workout
If you want to increase your upper-body strength and start seeing muscle definition in your arms , you've got to start doing upper-body workouts. Your arms aren't going to...
Pet owners are using their animals' drugs
Vets often resort to prescribing human opioids to pets because only one is approved for animals. The FDA issued a plea to veterinarians to think about the wider impact of their...
Guidelines to Do Further Research With Parkinson's Biomarker Published
A slate of guidelines have been published to shape the future of Parkinson's biomarker research.
Portuguese kidney disease patient left with 'FROST' on his face
The man's white spots that covered his body are known medically as uremic frost, kidney specialists from just outside Lisbon in Portugal revealed in a major scientific journal.
Are YOU a sufferer? New data from the CDC shows asthma is costing the U.S...
According to a report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention , asthma costs the U.S. economy more than $80 billion each year “in medical expenses, missed work, and...
Survive colon cancer by eating more Omega-3s, says new study
An observational study has concluded that increasing your intake of omega-3s found in oily fish can reduce your risk of dying from colon cancer by 70 percent. These findings...
‘Skinny Fat' In Older Adults May Predict Dementia, Alzheimer's Risk
Some adults, including the elderly, have a condition doctors refer to as skinny fat. This is when muscle mass is reduced compared to what might be normal for that person. Many...
Building on nature: Scientists improve on a plastic-digesting enzyme to stem...
Plastic products are a considerable part of modern civilization, but disposing of them is one of today's greatest environmental problems. A research team at Rensselaer...
Contact Lens Stuck Under Woman's Eyelid for Years
Doctors determined she had a cyst. When they removed it, the cyst broke open and revealed a hard contact lens, according to a paper published recently in the journal BMJ Case...