Reducing Risks in Deep Filler Injections
Researchers from Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine in Kobe, Japan, are advocating the use of two tools that may help reduce the risk of vascular embolism and skin necrosis following hyaluronic acid filler injections: ultrasound to help identify blood vessels during deep injections and 2-dimensional laser speckle flowgraphy to noninvasively measure blood flow to the skin.
Takanori Iwayama, MD, et al, performed multiple HA filler injections in the face of a 38-year-old man. They injected filler on the left side of the face without the use of ultrasound guidance using a traditional, more superficial technique. The filler was deposited into the region just under the dermis in the left nasolabial fold and alar base. On the right side of the face, they injected the same filler into the periosteum in the nasolabial fold and alar base using an ultrasonography-guided cannula method. Following treatment, skin blood flow was evaluated with 2-dimensional laser speckle flowgraphy...
The last Posts from "Surgical Aesthetics Magazine"
- Practice Management: Lease Renewals
- Ortho Dermatologics Accepting Applications for its Aspire Higher Scholarship Program
- Pulse Biosciences Seeking 510 Approval for CellFX Nanopulse Stimulation System
- Port Wine Stain Laser Treatment in Infancy Without Need for Anesthesia
- Targeted Delivery
- Syneron-Candela Is Now Candela
- Sebacia Demonstrates 85 Percent Improvement in Acne at 12 Months
- Hruza Assumes Presidency of AAD
- New Psoriasis Guidelines Address Comorbidities and Biologic Treatment
- Alma Lasers to Debut Laser-Based Fat Transfer System
- Longevity of Barbed Suture Insertion Lifts
- FDA Proposes New Sunscreen Regulations
- Fade Out
- HHS Releases Cybersecurity Practice Guides for Healthcare Industry
- Lutronic Launches Genius Intelligent RF Delivery Platform
- Stratacel Silicone Dressing Superior to Aquaphor for Healing
- Laser Focused
- Nextech Acquires SRS Health Specialty EMR for Orthopedic Practices
- Allergan Launches New BOTOX Cosmetic “Own Your Look” Consumer Campaign
- FDA Approves Jeuveau PrabotulinumtoxinA-xvfs For Injection
The headlines of Master Doctor
I Do an Ab Workout Almost Every Day, but It Has Nothing to Do With Belly Fat
Like so many other people, I started doing ab workouts with the innocent, uninformed hope that it would burn off my belly fat. I have since learned that ab workouts can burn...
Factors Related to Self-rated Health in Older Adults: A Clinical Approach...
Background and Purpose: A growing population of older adults will require health care professionals to become increasingly knowledgeable in geriatric care. Patient ratings...
'It gave me hope': Alzheimer's sufferer, 57, reveals heartbreak after...
Former New York Times reporter Phillip S Gutis, 57, was diagnosed with Alzheimer's in 2016, placing him in the slim category of the four percent diagnosed before the age of 65.
Walmart's Running Sneakers Are Almost Too Good to Be True - Starting at $25
If you're in market for a new pair of running sneakers , there's one retailer worth shopping: Walmart. The affordable store carries so many names you know and love for great...
What Besides Opioids Can Help Post-C-Section Pain?
Pain after a C-section can be controlled effectively with ibuprofen and acetaminophen, researchers said. For those who do need opioids, a lower dose can work.
Mailed Home Colon Cancer Tests Boost Screening
Researchers believe that mailing the screening kits directly to patients, which frames participation as the default, reduced steps in the process, and made it easier for...
Barneys New York's New Cannabis Lifestyle Shop Puts the "High" in High End
Barneys New York is taking high-end shopping to the next level with its new cannabis lifestyle shop, The High End. The new luxury lifestyle and wellness concept shop, located...
Mothers who are obese while pregnant have children with heart problems...
A new study from the Washington University School of Medicine in St Louis has found that obese mic had offspring with heart problems, and these issues last for at least three...
Spice beats chemo: Study reveals turmeric is more effective at killing...
The mere mention of cancer strikes fear in the hearts of many people, and rightfully so. Having certain types of cancer often means you'll be facing years of brutal treatments...
Market for organic products continues to expand as consumers ditch unhealthy...
With a growing community of people who take their family's health seriously, organic sales are reaching an all-time high. “Free-from” foods are products that do not contain...