RealSelf Appoints First Chief Medical Officer
New York-based Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon Lara Devgan, MD, has joined RealSelf as the company's first chief medical officer. She will act as senior medical advisor and spokesperson for the company, reporting to RealSelf CEO and Founder Tom Seery. Dr. Devgan will dedicate a portion of her time to RealSelf as a spokesperson and as counsel on services and practices to further support the company's mission to help consumers make more confident decisions and connect to the right medical professionals.
“Adding a chief medical officer to the RealSelf team adds important perspective and expands our commitment to transparency and empowering consumers to make smart, confident decisions about cosmetic treatments,” said Seery. “Dr. Devgan brings an incredible range of experience along with deep commitment and passion for RealSelf and for educating consumers and reducing stigmas.”
Based in New York City, Dr. Devgan received her bachelor's degree from Yale University, her medical degree and master's of public...
The last Posts from "Surgical Aesthetics Magazine"
- Cutera Announces Leadership Change
- Nano-Pulse Stimulation for Sebaceous Hyperplasia
- Neurotoxin Treatments and the Masseter Muscle
- Legal Issues: Informed Consent
- Microneedling Reduces Smoking- and Aging-Related Skin Wrinkles
- Cynosure Launches TempSure Surgical RF Technology
- Addona Named President of Long Island Plastic Surgical Group
- Exacerbation of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome After CAHA Injections
- University of Queensland Installs 15 Whole Body Imaging Systems For Melanoma Screening
- Fractional Laser Resurfacing Significantly Improves Appearance of Skin Grafts
- Nicotine Replacement Carries Similar Postprocedure Risks To Smoking
- Social Recruiting
- Alma acquires Medical Nova
- Galderma Launches Joint Promotions With Top Skincare Brands
- New Study Confirms Pathophysiology of Filler-Induced Blindness
- Coffee Intake Reduces Risk of Rosacea
- Profile: Urmen Desai, MD
- Merz Launches new XEOMIN “Later Haters” Campaign
- 2019 NRS Rosacea Research Grants Available
- Revance Releases Phase 3 Study Results for Toxin RT002
The headlines of Master Doctor
Stop, Drop, and Pour: Coffee-Mate's New Oat Milk Creamer Is Here to Brighten...
After aptly being named one of the biggest trends of 2019 , oat milk is hitting grocery stores! Whether you've heard your friends talking about making the switch over from...
Steps to Reduce Hospital Sleep Disruptions Studied
Nighttime room entries dropped by 44 percent after researchers educated doctors and nurses on the health consequences of in-hospital sleep deprivation.
Frail older people are at greater risk of getting dementia, even when their...
Experts from Dalhousie University in Canada now believe frailty could reduce people's tolerance to brain changes, so that they are more likely to become forgetful.
Study: Marketing to Docs, Opioid Crisis Linked
A county-by-county analysis showed that opioid use increased in places where drug makers focused their marketing efforts to physicians, researchers say.
Raising A Child With Strong Faith When You're Not So Sure
I was making dinner one night when my 3-year-old came up to me with a stack of papers in his hands. He hands me the papers and says “These are to teach you about Jesus. Share...
Why I HATE That ‘How Hard Did Aging Hit You' Meme
It's the first big Internet fad of 2019. Call it the “10 Year Aging Challenge,” the “2009 v. 2019 Challenge,” “The How Hard Did Aging Hit You Challenge” or the “First Profile...
These '10 Year Challenge' Climate Change Photos Are Absolutely Haunting
These before and after photos proving climate change is definitely happening are devastating The “10 year challenge” has been sweeping social media with people posting pics of...
A National Survey on Interhospital Transport of Children in Cardiac Arrest*
Objectives: To describe the U.S. experience with interhospital transport of children in cardiac arrest undergoing cardiopulmonary resuscitation. Design: Self-administered...
‘Fiver Parties' Are The New Birthday Party Trend That Make Everyone's Life...
I'm not one to jump on trends, whether they are parenting fads, the latest health craze, or the new beauty product everyone is raging about. I tend to stick with what I know...
Keeping an aging brain sharp and avoiding late-life depression may involve...
Aging is a very scary part of life since it is associated with an increased risk of health problems like mild cognitive impairment, dementia, Alzheimer's, and depression...