RealSelf Appoints First Chief Medical Officer
New York-based Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon Lara Devgan, MD, has joined RealSelf as the company's first chief medical officer. She will act as senior medical advisor and spokesperson for the company, reporting to RealSelf CEO and Founder Tom Seery. Dr. Devgan will dedicate a portion of her time to RealSelf as a spokesperson and as counsel on services and practices to further support the company's mission to help consumers make more confident decisions and connect to the right medical professionals.
“Adding a chief medical officer to the RealSelf team adds important perspective and expands our commitment to transparency and empowering consumers to make smart, confident decisions about cosmetic treatments,” said Seery. “Dr. Devgan brings an incredible range of experience along with deep commitment and passion for RealSelf and for educating consumers and reducing stigmas.”
Based in New York City, Dr. Devgan received her bachelor's degree from Yale University, her medical degree and master's of public...
The last Posts from "Surgical Aesthetics Magazine"
- RepliCel Regenerative Medicine Technologies Secure Several New Patents
- InMode Launches AccuTite RF Lipolysis System for Small Areas
- Antibiotic-Impregnated Mesh May Reduce Risk of Capsular Contracture
- ASPS Shares National Average Fees for Top Cosmetic Procedures
- Practice Marketing: Digital IQ
- American Skin Association Celebrates Three Honorees
- Allergan Worldwide Aesthetic Survey Highlights Trends in Aesthetic Medicine
- Effects of Energy-Based Devices on HA Filler
- Aesthetic Devices: Focus on the Body
- April is Rosacea Awareness Month
- Tomato Phytonutrients Support Skin's UV Resilience
- ASLMS Recognizes Achievement in Laser Medicine and Research
- Skin Care: Daily Protection
- Skin Care: Night Renewal
- Aesthetic Device: Tempsure Surgical RF
- Taking the Leap
- Practice Marketing With Instagram
- Hologic Opens State-Of-The-Art Learning Centre In Belgium
- Demand for Nonsurgical Cosmetic Treatments Still Increasing
- Promising Phase 2 Data of CCH for Cellulite Published
The headlines of Master Doctor
Exercise is still the best way to lower blood pressure, study shows
Exercise is good for the heart, and even cardiologists agree. So it is not surprising that researchers want to find out the extent of its usefulness, especially where problems...
Elmo Taught Cersei And Tyrion A Little Something About Respect
Cersei and Tyrion got a very important lesson about getting along and respect courtesy of Sesame Street What's the one thing that could maybe, possibly broker peace between...
Eating apples and pears can reduce your risk of Type 2 diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is on the rise, but this chronic disease can be prevented with the help of dietary and lifestyle changes. A study published in the journal Food & Function...
Three Brooklyn parents who refuse to vaccinate their kids are summoned to court
The parents all live within the four Brooklyn ZIP codes that have been ordered in a 'state of emergency' to vaccinate everyone - children and adults - against measles to...
MORE blood pressure pills recalled over carcinogen fears
Last summer it emerged drugs made in China and India, and dispatched across the world were contaminated with carcinogens NMBA, NMDA, and NDEA.
Microbes in Diabetic Foot Ulcers Can Help Predict Treatment Success
Chronic wounds such as a diabetic foot ulcer heal or progresses to a worse outcome, including infection or even amputation, depending on the microbial communities within that...
Alerting Patients to Their Risk of Gum Disease Improves Inflammation and...
Signs of gum disease reduced in patients who adopted a simple psychological intervention, aided by the use of an online risk assessment tool.
Mechanism of Persistent Infection Caused by Hepatitis B Virus Identified
HBeAg induced expansion of Myeloid-derived suppressor cells through the upregulation of indoleamine-2, 3-dioxygenase plays a critical role in causing persistent hepatitis.
New Medicines for Obesity Basing on Genetic Variants
MC4R gene that codes for the melanocortin receptor act like a switch in the brain to suppress appetite. People who have genetic variants that disrupt this receptor gain weight...
EXONERATED: No collusion, no obstruction. Trump cleared in bombshell Mueller...
The media narrative has collapsed. The Trump / Russia collusion hoax has been exposed. The full report from Robert Mueller completely clears President Trump of both collusion...