Practice Management: Extending Care
Oversight requirements and best practices when working with physician extenders.By Tina O'Reilly According to the American Association of Physician Assistants, more than 85,000 certified physician assistants practice in the United States. That's more than double the number practicing 10 years ago. The American Association of Nurse Practitioners reports that 192,000 nurse practitioners are employed in the U.S., with an additional 14,000 completing their training annually. For many practice owners, such midlevel providers-also referred to as physician extenders -help boost their bottom lines while improving patient care.
PAs and NPs can enhance a medical aesthetic practice by spending more time with patients, providing additional availability for appointments and allowing for a tiered pricing structure. “PAs are a welcome addition to the office, as long as they have the proper training,” says dermatologist Dore Gilbert, MD, of Newport Dermatology & Laser Associates in Newport Beach,...
The last Posts from "Surgical Aesthetics Magazine"
- Practice Management: Lease Renewals
- Ortho Dermatologics Accepting Applications for its Aspire Higher Scholarship Program
- Pulse Biosciences Seeking 510 Approval for CellFX Nanopulse Stimulation System
- Port Wine Stain Laser Treatment in Infancy Without Need for Anesthesia
- Targeted Delivery
- Syneron-Candela Is Now Candela
- Sebacia Demonstrates 85 Percent Improvement in Acne at 12 Months
- Hruza Assumes Presidency of AAD
- New Psoriasis Guidelines Address Comorbidities and Biologic Treatment
- Alma Lasers to Debut Laser-Based Fat Transfer System
- Longevity of Barbed Suture Insertion Lifts
- FDA Proposes New Sunscreen Regulations
- Fade Out
- HHS Releases Cybersecurity Practice Guides for Healthcare Industry
- Lutronic Launches Genius Intelligent RF Delivery Platform
- Stratacel Silicone Dressing Superior to Aquaphor for Healing
- Laser Focused
- Nextech Acquires SRS Health Specialty EMR for Orthopedic Practices
- Allergan Launches New BOTOX Cosmetic “Own Your Look” Consumer Campaign
- FDA Approves Jeuveau PrabotulinumtoxinA-xvfs For Injection
The headlines of Master Doctor
Smoking medical marijuana is legalized in Florida two years after residents...
Florida Governor Ron DeSantis signed a bill into law on Monday that made smoking medical marijuana legal. Then-Governor Rick Scott banned smoking pot in all forms in 2017.
Zika Virus Could Be Modified To Evolve In a Way That Does Not Affect Humans
Zika virus can now be mutated to benefit humans, as the scientists can evolve it not to affect us, finds a new study.
6 health benefits of boysenberries
The boysenberry is a superfood that has many health benefits. According to several studies, boysenberries are linked to improved brain and lung health. The fruit can also help...
American Women Are Not Having Healthier Pregnancies Than The Refugees
Women who are refugees are having better pregnancy outcomes than the average American pregnancy, finds a new study.
Ariana Grande Will Have Voter Registration Booths At All Her U.S. Concerts
Ariana Grande will make it easy for U.S. fans to register to vote at all her upcoming shows Ariana Grande just kicked off her much-anticipated Sweetener tour with a show at the...
According to a Trainer, This Is How Often You Should Work Out to Maintain...
We often tap experts to find out how often you should workout to achieve XYZ goal, such as weight loss and building muscle. But if your goal is to maintain your current weight...
Inflammation Links Heart Disease, Depression: Study
People who have heart disease are at a significantly higher risk of experiencing depression, but a new study suggests that the vice-versa may also be true.
Icosapent Ethyl Decrease Risk of Recurrent Cardiovascular Events
High-dose, pure and stable EPA omega 3 drug not only reduces the burden of first cardiovascular events but also subsequent and total heart attacks, strokes, and other measures.
Pure Omega-3 Prescription Reduces Cardiovascular Events
Taking a high dose of icosapent ethyl significantly reduces the occurrence of first, subsequent and total ischemic events, among people at high cardiovascular risk despite...
Behavioral Therapy More Effective for Urinary Incontinence
Behavioral therapy generally is more effective than pharmacologic therapies for UI, according to American College Of Physicians.