Noninvasive Skin Tightening: The Heat Is On
Options, abilities and limitations of noninvasive skin-tightening devices.By Linda W. Lewis It has been more than 15 years since Thermage, the first radiofrequency -based noninvasive skin-tightening device, entered the United States market. In the years since, demand for noninvasive skin tightening and lifting procedures has skyrocketed, bringing dozens of competitors to the market. New iterations include RF devices that deliver treatment with less pain, ultrasound-based treatments, and minimally invasive systems that deliver energy to the skin's lower layers through microneedles or wands.
Patients with mild-to-moderate skin laxity and those who do not wish to undergo surgery have three main dermal tightening options: noninvasive ultrasound or radiofrequency -based devices; RF-based microneedle devices; and more invasive options that deliver energy directly to adipose tissue and the skin's deeper dermal layers.
To paint a picture of what is working in today's cosmetic practices, we asked five...
The last Posts from "Surgical Aesthetics Magazine"
- Without a Trace
- Allergan to Acquire Bonti
- Allergan Announces Results of Higher-Dose BOTOX Cosmetic for Glabellar Lines
- FDA Clears Sebacia Microparticles for Acne
- Lend Me Your Name
- Allergan Launches Spotlyte Digital Hub
- Sponsored: skinade offers great skin in as little as 30 days
- Multiple Applicators Improve Noninvasive Arm Fat Reduction Outcomes
- Canfield Scientific Acquires VISIOMED AG
- Pico 785nm Wavelength Effective For Purple, Blue and Green Tattoo Inks
- A Guiding Hand
- Syneron Candela Acquires Ellipse
- How To Keep Your "A" Players
- AIVITA Biomedical Appoints Two New Executives
- Microneedling Effective in Reducing the Signs of Facial Aging
- ASPS Shares Guidelines on Teens and Cosmetic Procedures
- Triggering Immunity
- Cynosure To Distribute Nitrous Oxide and Oxygen System in Aesthetics Market
- Hong Kong Researchers Debut Novel Self-fitting Scaffold for Bone Regeneration
- Liquefaction Liposuction Offers Faster Extraction and Less Downtime
The headlines of Master Doctor
Recommendations on RBC Transfusion in General Critically Ill Children Based...
Objectives: To present the consensus recommendations and supporting literature for RBC transfusions in general critically ill children from the Pediatric Critical Care...
Mystery of Gut-brain Connection Decoded
A surprising array of conditions, from appetite disorders and obesity to arthritis and depression, may get their start in the gut.
If You Like To Go Bare Down There, You Need These Products In Your Life
To bare, or not to bare...that is the question. When I say bare, I mean “down there.” You know where I mean. There are many ways to take care of your vagina , including shaving...
When You Feel Like A Crappy Friend, Remember This
Once upon a time, friendship was easy. Well, maybe not easy. But easier. You saw your friends at school. You played together at recess. You rode bikes on the weekend. Later you...
6 Movies From My Childhood That I Can't Watch With My Kids
Listen, folks, the ‘ 80s and '90s had some problems. Sure, there were some amazing things too. Slap bracelets, Pogs, and Hi-C Ecto Coolers were the cornerstone of my childhood...
Cutting Toxic People Out Of My Life Has Helped Me Live My Best Life
I remember watching Oprah one afternoon when I was in high school, as I pedaled away on my mom's stationary bike. She had a psychologist on her show who said something that...
Are You Making These Mistakes When You Do Overhead Presses?
Firm, defined deltoids help to balance out wide hips and give the female body more symmetry. That's why focused deltoid work that targets all three parts of the deltoid is...
7 Reasons Why Your Tummy Fat Won't Budge
What could be more frustrating than tummy fat that just won't seem to budge? You exercise and eat mindfully. Yet, your waistline won't seem to shrink, and you can still pinch a...
Does Obesity and Insulin Resistance Make It Harder to Build Muscle?
One strategy people use to lose weight is to exercise, mainly cardio. Although cardio is a calorie burner, strength training offers benefits you don't get from a...
Does Exercise Increase the Risk of Atrial Fibrillation?
Exercise has so many health benefits. We know that working out and staying physically active lowers the risk of a number of health conditions, including cardiovascular disease...