Nonablative RF Treatments Increase Skin Elasticity
At three months post-treatment, patients who underwent nonablative radiofrequency -based procedures had better skin elasticity when compared to baseline. Researchers Anna Erkiert-Polguj, MD, PhD, et al, of the Medical University of Lodz in Lodz, Poland, treated 30 women with nonablative RF. Biomechanical properties of the skin were analyzed at baseline and three months post-treatment using a cutometer. Results showed a statistically significant improvement in elasticity between measurements taken at baseline and three months postprocedure.
The study was published in the Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology .
Image copyright Getty Images
RF Skin Tightening News
The last Posts from "Surgical Aesthetics Magazine"
- Practice Management: Lease Renewals
- Ortho Dermatologics Accepting Applications for its Aspire Higher Scholarship Program
- Pulse Biosciences Seeking 510 Approval for CellFX Nanopulse Stimulation System
- Port Wine Stain Laser Treatment in Infancy Without Need for Anesthesia
- Targeted Delivery
- Syneron-Candela Is Now Candela
- Sebacia Demonstrates 85 Percent Improvement in Acne at 12 Months
- Hruza Assumes Presidency of AAD
- New Psoriasis Guidelines Address Comorbidities and Biologic Treatment
- Alma Lasers to Debut Laser-Based Fat Transfer System
- Longevity of Barbed Suture Insertion Lifts
- FDA Proposes New Sunscreen Regulations
- Fade Out
- HHS Releases Cybersecurity Practice Guides for Healthcare Industry
- Lutronic Launches Genius Intelligent RF Delivery Platform
- Stratacel Silicone Dressing Superior to Aquaphor for Healing
- Laser Focused
- Nextech Acquires SRS Health Specialty EMR for Orthopedic Practices
- Allergan Launches New BOTOX Cosmetic “Own Your Look” Consumer Campaign
- FDA Approves Jeuveau PrabotulinumtoxinA-xvfs For Injection
The headlines of Master Doctor
CPAP Machine Promotes Weight Loss in Dieting Obese Adults With Sleep Apnea
People who have obstructive sleep apnea in addition to obesity can lose more weight if they treat their sleep disorder with an overnight CPAP, or continuous positive airway...
New Zealand ISP blocks all videos on Brighteon.com, even after NZ mosque...
If ever there was a gleaming example of how appeasement of Left-wing tyranny is never the answer, this one is. Earlier this week, Natural News founder and editor Mike Adams...
6 Moves, 3 Circuits: This 25-Minute No-Equipment Workout Will Leave You...
Home workouts are where it's at these days, because if you can get just as good of a workout minus the gym commute, the waiting for the equipment, the hunt to find floor space...
Consuming a Handful of Nuts Every Day can Boost Memory in Elderly
Eating more than 10 grams of nuts every day can improve thinking, reasoning, and memory, and keeps age-related mental disorders such as dementia at bay, finds a new study.
Factors Related to Self-rated Health in Older Adults: A Clinical Approach...
Background and Purpose: A growing population of older adults will require health care professionals to become increasingly knowledgeable in geriatric care. Patient ratings...
'It gave me hope': Alzheimer's sufferer, 57, reveals heartbreak after...
Former New York Times reporter Phillip S Gutis, 57, was diagnosed with Alzheimer's in 2016, placing him in the slim category of the four percent diagnosed before the age of 65.
Walmart's Running Sneakers Are Almost Too Good to Be True - Starting at $25
If you're in market for a new pair of running sneakers , there's one retailer worth shopping: Walmart. The affordable store carries so many names you know and love for great...
Mailed Home Colon Cancer Tests Boost Screening
Researchers believe that mailing the screening kits directly to patients, which frames participation as the default, reduced steps in the process, and made it easier for...
Mothers who are obese while pregnant have children with heart problems...
A new study from the Washington University School of Medicine in St Louis has found that obese mic had offspring with heart problems, and these issues last for at least three...
Spice beats chemo: Study reveals turmeric is more effective at killing...
The mere mention of cancer strikes fear in the hearts of many people, and rightfully so. Having certain types of cancer often means you'll be facing years of brutal treatments...