Nodule Formation Following HA Filler Treatment
Hyaluronic acid filler injections can cause persistent and recurring nodules that require combination therapies to clear. And products with a high degree of cross-linking may be more difficult to disintegrate with hyaluronidase. Authors Meredith L. Orseth MD, Nicole Lee MD, Omer Ibrahim MD, Kenneth A. Arndt MD, and Michael Kaminer MD, published two case studies of patients who experienced nodule formation after treatment with an HA filler ( Journal of Drugs in Dermatology , May 2018).
The first case involved a 65-year-old woman treated with 1 ml of Restylane-L in the marionette lines and oral commissures in 2011. Two weeks after injection, she developed a tender nodule on the left jawline. Despite treatment with hyaluronidase mixed 1:1 with normal saline for a total of 0.4 mL , oral doxycycline and clindamycin , she continued to develop additional nodules along her mandible and chin.
The nodules cleared after several months of treatment, and she continued to...
The last Posts from "Surgical Aesthetics Magazine"
- Practice Marketing: Run with Radio
- Join the 2019 Controversies & Conversations Symposium
- Birthday Loyalty Programs: A Powerful Practice-Building Opportunity
- Preoperative Shockwave Therapy Improves Wound Healing
- Working with Estheticians
- Allergan Launches New e-Commerce Platform for Physicians
- Abstract Submissions and Early Bird Registration Now Open for ASDS Conference
- Rotational Fractional Resection Technology Moves One Step Closer To Approval
- Multispecialty Task Force Calls on FDA To Expedite Oversight of Cosmetic Stem Cell Treatments
- Chemical Peels More Effective Than PRP for Periorbital Hyperpigmentation
- Chemical Peels: Going Deeper
- PODCAST: Why the Profound System is the Perfect Complement to Microfocused Ultrasound
- CIDESCO USA To Offer Advanced Esthetic Education at IECSC Las Vegas
- Ortho Dermatologics Duobrii Approved For Plaque Psoriasis In Adults
- Brooke Shields is the new Celebrity Spokesperson for SculpSure Body Contouring
- Long-Term Outcomes of Fibroblast-Seeded HA Filler
- Telemedicine evolution
- RepliCel Regenerative Medicine Technologies Secure Several New Patents
- InMode Launches AccuTite RF Lipolysis System for Small Areas
- Antibiotic-Impregnated Mesh May Reduce Risk of Capsular Contracture
The headlines of Master Doctor
New Computer-based Predictive Tool Predicts Outcome of Respiratory Patients...
Summit score, the name of the electronically-calculated system evaluated in the new study, considers various parameters to predict the outcomes among respiratory patients.
Cannabis chemical CBD could 'save lives' of heroin addicts by reducing their...
Researchers from the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in New York gave CBD to former heroin addicts in a study of 42 people, and found their cravings were up to three...
Strawberry Tree Honey can Inhibit Colon Cancer Cell Growth: Study
Honey from strawberry trees, a new potential functional food can help fight colon cancer by stopping the cancer cell growth.
Placental Stem Cells Discovered Regenerate Heart After Heart Attack
Cdx2 cells are stem cells that are derived from the placenta, which are helpful in regenerating healthy heart cells after heart attack, and also other organs.
Exposure to Common Environmental Chemicals Increases Obesity Risk
Obesity and diabetes risk can be increased when individuals are exposed to common environmental chemicals like phthalates. Therefore, there is a need to create awareness among...
Should you keep exercising when you're sick?
You woke up early with your morning workout already planned. The moment you get out of bed, you feel it - a coming sneeze, a soreness in your throat, perhaps some body pain. It...
Being Overweight is Just as Risky as Being Obese
Overweight and obese teens have similarly increased risks of developing heart disorders, finds a new study.
Neck Cracking and Stroke: How Risky Is It?
A direct cause-and-effect link has not been established, but the Heart Association-Stroke Association statement recommends that health care providers tell patients of the risk...
From UV dresses to high-tech sensors: How to stay safe in the sun
Sun cream is not the only way to protect against sunburn and the risk of skin cancer. Here, we give verdict on sun protection products
Patients are STILL not being warned of withdrawal pain from depression...
Patients are still not being warned how difficult it can be to come off antidepressants, say psychiatrists campaigning for a reduction in the needless use of the drugs.