Nodule Formation Following HA Filler Treatment
Hyaluronic acid filler injections can cause persistent and recurring nodules that require combination therapies to clear. And products with a high degree of cross-linking may be more difficult to disintegrate with hyaluronidase. Authors Meredith L. Orseth MD, Nicole Lee MD, Omer Ibrahim MD, Kenneth A. Arndt MD, and Michael Kaminer MD, published two case studies of patients who experienced nodule formation after treatment with an HA filler ( Journal of Drugs in Dermatology , May 2018).
The first case involved a 65-year-old woman treated with 1 ml of Restylane-L in the marionette lines and oral commissures in 2011. Two weeks after injection, she developed a tender nodule on the left jawline. Despite treatment with hyaluronidase mixed 1:1 with normal saline for a total of 0.4 mL , oral doxycycline and clindamycin , she continued to develop additional nodules along her mandible and chin.
The nodules cleared after several months of treatment, and she continued to...
The last Posts from "Surgical Aesthetics Magazine"
- Ortho Dermatologics Announces Aspire Scholarship Recipients
- RealSelf Appoints First Chief Medical Officer
- Merz Creates Americas Region and Expands Rhatigan's Role
- Bonti Announces Results of Phase 2a Scar Reduction Clinical Study
- New Book Covers the Latest in Noninvasive and Surgical Cosmetic Procedures
- Experimental Drug Reverses Hair Loss and Skin Damage in Mice
- ASAPS Launches Task Force To Research Brazilian Buttock Lift Complications
- Addressing the FDA Warning on Vaginal Rejuvenation Devices
- Hitting the Mark
- Altavilla Promoted to COO of Suneva Medical
- PDL Offers Long-Term Efficacy in Rosacea Patients
- Majority of Women Want Younger-Looking Hands
- AmSpa and IALA Announce Merger
- EpigenCare Files Patent for Personalized Consumer Skincare Testing Technology
- FDA Clears Vbeam Prima PDL for Sale in the U.S
- Study of Nano-Pulse Stimulation for Sebaceous Hyperplasia Launched
- Way To Grow
- Cynosure Launches TempSure Vitalia For Vaginal Rejuvenation
- ASLMS Laser Aesthetics Course Coming to California in November
- Free Fat Grafts Spur Regeneration of Adipose Tissue
The headlines of Master Doctor
YouTube declares war on natural medicine, begins banning channels that...
The censorship brigade over at YouTube is at it again, this time with a mass purge of all channels and content that dare to suggest that natural botanicals might contribute to...
Mayo, Cleveland Clinics Again Top Hospital Rankings
The next two spots are also repeats from last year. Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore holds the No. 3 spot, and Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston holds the No. 4 spot.
Is European baby formula really better?
When Toronto mom Alison Zanini* began looking for the optimal formula for her five-month-old son, Jonathan, to help supplement her low milk supply , she looked online, asked...
One of nature's best kept secrets: Elya leaves reduce brain damage linked to...
A study published in the journal BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine has found another potential natural treatment for Alzheimer's disease and other degenerative...
Suicide survivor becomes youngest person ever to receive a face transplant at 21
Katie Stubblefield tried to take her own life in March 2014 with a rifle. On May 4, 2017, she became the youngest person ever to receive a face transplant, in an operation at...
Short nights make you antisocial and 'unattractive,' study finds
About a third of Americans get less than the recommended seven hours of sleep, making them feel alienated and socially unattractive, University of California, Berkeley research...
Prams expose babies to up to 60% more air pollution than adults
Researchers from the University of Surrey found that the air in the first metre above the ground is usually the most polluted due to it being relatively level with vehicle...
Intensive Care Mortality Prognostic Model for Pediatric Pulmonary Hypertension*
Objectives: The disease burden and mortality of children with pulmonary hypertension are significantly higher than for the general PICU population. We aimed to develop a...
Benzodiazepines Drugs Linked to Raised Risk of Alzheimer's Disease
Long-term benzodiazepine use may develop the risk of Alzheimer's disease, finds a new study.
Peripheral Nerve Block May Offer Long-term Pain Relief for Severe Facial Pain
Peripheral nerve block may provide long-term pain relief in patients with Trigeminal Neuralgia , a condition which involves severe facial pain.