Nodule Formation Following HA Filler Treatment
Hyaluronic acid filler injections can cause persistent and recurring nodules that require combination therapies to clear. And products with a high degree of cross-linking may be more difficult to disintegrate with hyaluronidase. Authors Meredith L. Orseth MD, Nicole Lee MD, Omer Ibrahim MD, Kenneth A. Arndt MD, and Michael Kaminer MD, published two case studies of patients who experienced nodule formation after treatment with an HA filler ( Journal of Drugs in Dermatology , May 2018).
The first case involved a 65-year-old woman treated with 1 ml of Restylane-L in the marionette lines and oral commissures in 2011. Two weeks after injection, she developed a tender nodule on the left jawline. Despite treatment with hyaluronidase mixed 1:1 with normal saline for a total of 0.4 mL , oral doxycycline and clindamycin , she continued to develop additional nodules along her mandible and chin.
The nodules cleared after several months of treatment, and she continued to...
The last Posts from "Surgical Aesthetics Magazine"
- Cutera Announces Leadership Change
- Nano-Pulse Stimulation for Sebaceous Hyperplasia
- Neurotoxin Treatments and the Masseter Muscle
- Legal Issues: Informed Consent
- Microneedling Reduces Smoking- and Aging-Related Skin Wrinkles
- Cynosure Launches TempSure Surgical RF Technology
- Addona Named President of Long Island Plastic Surgical Group
- Exacerbation of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome After CAHA Injections
- University of Queensland Installs 15 Whole Body Imaging Systems For Melanoma Screening
- Fractional Laser Resurfacing Significantly Improves Appearance of Skin Grafts
- Nicotine Replacement Carries Similar Postprocedure Risks To Smoking
- Social Recruiting
- Alma acquires Medical Nova
- Galderma Launches Joint Promotions With Top Skincare Brands
- New Study Confirms Pathophysiology of Filler-Induced Blindness
- Coffee Intake Reduces Risk of Rosacea
- Profile: Urmen Desai, MD
- Merz Launches new XEOMIN “Later Haters” Campaign
- 2019 NRS Rosacea Research Grants Available
- Revance Releases Phase 3 Study Results for Toxin RT002
The headlines of Master Doctor
Drinking Soft Drinks While Exercising in Hot Weather May Up Kidney Disease
Drinking soft drinks while exercising in hot weather can put you at a higher kidney disease risk, reveals a new study.
Existing Concussion Tests for Ice Hockey Players Miss Vital Brain Function...
Novel tool measures the brain's vital signs using complex brainwave data as a new study finds that existing concussion tests often have persistent, undetected deficits in...
A Novel Stem Cell Approach to Treat Diabetes
Stem cell-derived beta cells have been developed by a researcher that produces correct amount of insulin more responsive to the fluctuating glucose in the cells.
Blister Fluid Can Help Diagnose Burn Depth and Severity Much Faster
Blister fluid can identify burn depth and severity more accurately, reveals a new study.
Rapid Increase in Co-usage of Opioids and Benzodiazepines Among Americans
Intake of a combination of opioids along with drugs commonly prescribed for pain, insomnia, and anxiety is rapid raising among the Americans.
Non-profit consumer group calls for action; cites increase in food recalls
Likening a trip to the grocery store to shooting craps, a consumer watchdog group is reporting that data from the U.S. government shows food recalls are on an upward trend...
From preventing bloating to reduced cancer risk, here are 5 health benefits...
The pineapple is a nutritious tropical fruit, and you should consume fresh pineapples if you want to keep your bones healthy and lower your risk of developing cancer. The...
Breast cancer risk skyrockets when you gain weight
Losing weight doesn't just make you look and feel good. It can significantly improve your overall health, and according to a study, it might even lower the cancer risk of...
Another drop in opioid prescribing - but progress is slow in rural areas...
Doctors prescribe 14 percent fewer opioids to their patients in the US now than they did in 2014, a new Centers for Disease Control and Prevention study found - but rural...
Meet the Diet That's Sustainable, Will Improve Your Health, and Can Save the...
Move over, keto diet ; there's a new diet ready to take the throne. According to a new report published in The Lancet , people should eat less meat and sugars and more fruits...