New Review Highlights Best Candidates for Absorbable Suture Suspension
A consensus review on Silhouette InstaLift , a minimally invasive procedure to lift the midface, published in the June 2018 issue of the Journal of Drugs in Dermatology , offers guidance on best practices for achieving optimal patient outcomes with absorbable suture suspension.
The two-year review paper, led by plastic surgeons Z. Paul Lorenc, MD, and Mark Nestor, MD, PhD, builds upon a 2017 consensus paper on the safety and efficacy of absorbable suspension sutures while providing updated guidance to help practitioners obtain high clinician and patient satisfaction.
The update explores emerging developments in absorbable suture suspension for best outcomes including, qualities of the ideal candidate, advice for pre-treatment planning, suture placement, and postprocedure care to maximize patient satisfaction and results.
“Candidates for absorbable suspension sutures often desire repositioning of facial tissue beyond what fillers can provide but may not be a candidate for a surgical...
The last Posts from "Surgical Aesthetics Magazine"
- Laser Focused
- Nextech Acquires SRS Health Specialty EMR for Orthopedic Practices
- Allergan Launches New BOTOX Cosmetic “Own Your Look” Consumer Campaign
- FDA Approves Jeuveau PrabotulinumtoxinA-xvfs For Injection
- Practice Management: Blueprint for Success
- Real Housewife Sonja Morgan Is New Face of CoolSculpting
- New Oral Antibiotic For Acne Now Available
- One Third of Dermatologists Mix Injectable Fillers Prior to Injection
- Practice By Design
- Repechage and Bellus Academy Launch First CIDESCO USA Skin Care Certification Course
- A Review of Botulinum Toxin Treatment for Platysma Bands
- Key Trends in Facial Plastic Surgery
- Cutera Announces Leadership Change
- Nano-Pulse Stimulation for Sebaceous Hyperplasia
- Neurotoxin Treatments and the Masseter Muscle
- Legal Issues: Informed Consent
- Microneedling Reduces Smoking- and Aging-Related Skin Wrinkles
- Cynosure Launches TempSure Surgical RF Technology
- Addona Named President of Long Island Plastic Surgical Group
- Exacerbation of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome After CAHA Injections
The headlines of Master Doctor
Decluttering Should Come With A Disclaimer And Here's Why
Over 10 years ago, I was strolling through Target with three toddlers and saw a pink, heart shaped cake pan in the dollar spot. I'd scored big time . We went home and I put my...
'This flu season is not mild': 19,000 people have been killed by the virus...
On Saturday, leaders at the NIH and CDC raised the alarm, saying the flu is ‘much harder to prevent than measles' but insisted that even the least effective vaccines will...
One size does NOT fit all when it comes to medicine: Genetic study finds...
Chronic pain often pushes people to use opioid painkillers such as morphine and Vicodin, which may leave sufferers with an increased risk of prescription opioid addiction...
Higher Risk of Cancer Death in Patients With Kidney Failure
A population-based study reveals that patients on dialysis and those who received kidney transplants experienced over 2.5-times higher risks of cancer death than age- and...
Genetics May Be a Factor in African-American Cigarette Preferences
New NCCIH-funded research suggests genetic factors drive African American preference for mentholated cigarettes.
Hands Don't Spread HPV, Study Finds
"Just because we detect HPV DNA in the hand doesn't necessarily mean the viral particles are viable or that there is enough to cause an infection," the study's lead author says.
Ohio Teen Gets Himself Vaccinated, Inspires Others
As he began to get various vaccinations, media reports about him multiplied, and so did the requests for information and guidance, questions and comments.
Osteoporosis Often Missed in Elderly Men
Osteoporosis is a serious condition for men, too. After breaking a hip, the risk of illness and death is greater among men than women, researchers said.
President Trump May Be A Racist, Antisemitic, Xenophobic, Man-Child, But...
Yes, I know the medical report released on him yesterday stated that Trump's weight gives him a BMI of 30.4 and that 30 (for better or for worse - that's a whole other post) is...
Men who can do over 40 push-ups are at a 96% lower risk of heart disease...
Instead of long, arduous treadmill tests for heart health, doctors at Harvard University are now recommending push-ups, as doing over 10 indicates a young man's heart is...