Liposuction Risk Assessment Tool Unveiled
A new mobile app may help improve liposuction outcomes by calculating individual patient characteristics and risk factors to reveal the maximum amount of fat that should be aspirated. Olivier A. Deigni, MD, and Henry A. Mentz, MD, presented the The Lipo Calculator as a poster at the 2018 American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery conference in New York City. The Liposuction Calculator uses a formula to determine the maximum aspirated fat based on patient weight , patient height and adjusted risk using the equation:
F max =
The input variables for adjusted risk include: surgeon experience, patient age, medical history, number of areas to be treated, estimated OR time, other combined procedures, and variables known to be associated with elevated deep thrombosis risk. For more information, visit .
liposuction patient safety News
The last Posts from "Surgical Aesthetics Magazine"
- Schweiger Dermatology Group Announces $100 Million Investment
- Revance Gears Up for Launch of RT002 Neurotoxin
- Restylane Lyft Approved for Hands
- Restoring Growth
- Legal Issues: Off-Label Uses
- Evolus Vows To Move Forward As FDA Fails To Approve Its Neurotoxin
- Hartman Named Chief Commercial Officer of Alastin
- Addition of Nanofat Enhances Fat Graft Neovascularization
- Aesthetic Surgery Journal to Launch Open Access Publication
- New Tool To Streamline Patient Follow Up
- Close to Half of Negative Reviews Not Related To Outcomes
- The Personal Touch
- Practice Management: Unwanted Advances
- Facial Rejuvenation With Fillers and Neuromodulators Offers High Patient Satisfaction
- ASAPS Elects New Officers
- Noninvasive Skin Tightening: The Heat Is On
- FDA Begins Medical Device Safety and Innovation Overhaul
- SPF 100 Sunscreen Offers Extra Protection
- Reducing Risks in Deep Filler Injections
The headlines of Master Doctor
Type 2 Diabetes: Study Reveals New Insights
Type 2 diabetes patients received comparable diabetes-related care, black race was not associated with accelerated kidney function decline, and fewer black participants...
The Pros and Cons of Using Fertility Medication Over Age 35
Sometimes we feel like, however fast life is moving, there's still time for major decisions. But life has a way of moving faster than we notice on occasion, and the years can...
Reliable New Test to Identify and Prevent Risk of Preterm Birth
Identifying women at risk with the newly developed test during her second trimester could lead to early treatment, prevention, says a new study.
Less Active People can Now HIIT It for Good Health
Less active people can get healthy with high-intensity interval exercises, which could be more enjoyable than traditional exercises, finds a new study.
Link Between Gut Bacteria and Anti-seizure Effects of Ketogenic Diet
Gut bacteria may play a vital role in anti-seizure effects of ketogenic diet. Ketogenic diet which is a low-carbohydrate and high-fat diet have various health benefits...
New Microdialysis Technique Can Identify Effect of Brown Fat in Obesity...
Microdialysis, a new technique to study fat stores in the body, can help to find treatments to tackle obesity. Brown fat that keeps us warm can play a key role in weight loss...
Artificial Intelligence Can Reveal Your Body's ‘Real' Age
New artificial intelligence can determine your biological age with great precision. It can reveal whether...
Does cannabis cure or treat cancer? An expert answers one of the top patient...
As it becomes legal in more places, new potential uses for marijuana are being discovered all the time, but experts warn that the public should be wary of claims that cannabis...
Infected Zika Virus Mosquitoes Can Now be Detected by a New Tool
New Noninvasive infrared detector could detect Zika virus in mosquitoes living in a particular locality, finds a new study.
Infected EBOLA carriers escape quarantine hospital in the Democratic...
A new and growing Ebola outbreak is hitting the Democratic Republic of Congo, and additional concerns have been raised as three infected people escaped their quarantine...