Laser-Assisted Delivery of PLLA for Perioral Rhytides
Topical application of diluted poly-L-lactic acid following fractional CO 2 laser treatment significantly improves the depth and severity of perioral rhytides, according to a study presented by Omar Ibrahim, MD, during the 2018 American Society for Lasers in Surgery and Medicine conference in Dallas last week.
Dr. Ibrahim treated 10 subjects with one pass of a fractional CO 2 laser at 70mJ with a 135 micron spot size and density of 10%. Immediately after laser treatment, he applied a topical PLLA solution. The Visia Complexion Analysis system was used to measure depth and severity of the wrinkles pre- and post-treatment, and blinded evaluators rated subject photos at baseline, after the first treatment and three months after the second treatment.
The evaluators correctly identified the before-and-after images for all subjects. Visia analysis revealed 25 percent improvement after the first treatment and 52 percent improvement three months after the last treatment. Patients...
The last Posts from "Surgical Aesthetics Magazine"
- Practice Marketing With Instagram
- Hologic Opens State-Of-The-Art Learning Centre In Belgium
- Demand for Nonsurgical Cosmetic Treatments Still Increasing
- Promising Phase 2 Data of CCH for Cellulite Published
- Practice Management: Lease Renewals
- Ortho Dermatologics Accepting Applications for its Aspire Higher Scholarship Program
- Pulse Biosciences Seeking 510 Approval for CellFX Nanopulse Stimulation System
- Port Wine Stain Laser Treatment in Infancy Without Need for Anesthesia
- Targeted Delivery
- Syneron-Candela Is Now Candela
- Sebacia Demonstrates 85 Percent Improvement in Acne at 12 Months
- Hruza Assumes Presidency of AAD
- New Psoriasis Guidelines Address Comorbidities and Biologic Treatment
- Alma Lasers to Debut Laser-Based Fat Transfer System
- Longevity of Barbed Suture Insertion Lifts
- FDA Proposes New Sunscreen Regulations
- Fade Out
- HHS Releases Cybersecurity Practice Guides for Healthcare Industry
- Lutronic Launches Genius Intelligent RF Delivery Platform
- Stratacel Silicone Dressing Superior to Aquaphor for Healing
The headlines of Master Doctor
Weight Loss Drug Phentermine may be Safe and Effective for Long-term...
Phentermine, an inexpensive weight loss drug approved for only short term use also may be safe and effective for long term treatment, stated new research.
One-month-old baby feeding and sleep schedule
As your baby heads into their second month, it can simultaneously feel like you've been doing this forever and you still have no idea what you're doing. Needless to say, being...
E-books are Ruining Children's Storytime
Storytime with e-books is not as helpful as traditional print books. A new study finds that parents and children talk and interact less with electronic books compared to print...
Potential New Therapy for Liver Diseases Discovered
The drug sivelestat may effectively lower portal hypertension, improving symptoms and outcomes for those patients. Portal hypertension is associated with cirrhosis and other...
Spending too much time sitting down kills 50,000 Brits each year
Figures on sedentary behaviour were taken from the Health Survey for England 2012, which reported that 30 per cent of adults in England spent at least six hours/day sedentary...
Pregnant women who work two or more night shifts a week have a greater risk...
Danish researchers analysed data of 20,000 women over a six year period. It is believed that light exposure during night hours affects important hormones.
Cannabis-related ER visits TRIPLED in Colorado after legalization
A new study from the University of Colorado School of Medicine has found that, at one hospital, 3,300 ER visits were related to marijuana in 2012 and spiked to nearly 10,000 in...
Measles cases soar above 300 in nationwide outbreak fueled by anti-vaxxers...
The CDC says 314 confirmed cases of measles have been reported in 15 states since January 1. Most cases have been reported in children under age 10 who are not vaccinated
Major Medical Groups Call for Soda Taxes
In a new joint policy statement, the American Academy of Pediatrics and the American Heart Association also recommended a host of other public policies, all aimed at cutting...
Hell Yes: Drinking Coffee And Alcohol Every Day May Help You Live Longer
Slip some whisky in your morning cuppa, moderate amounts of coffee and alcohol may be good things Cheers! And hell yes - a new study has found that consuming moderate amounts...