Laser-Assisted Delivery of PLLA for Perioral Rhytides
Topical application of diluted poly-L-lactic acid following fractional CO 2 laser treatment significantly improves the depth and severity of perioral rhytides, according to a study presented by Omar Ibrahim, MD, during the 2018 American Society for Lasers in Surgery and Medicine conference in Dallas last week.
Dr. Ibrahim treated 10 subjects with one pass of a fractional CO 2 laser at 70mJ with a 135 micron spot size and density of 10%. Immediately after laser treatment, he applied a topical PLLA solution. The Visia Complexion Analysis system was used to measure depth and severity of the wrinkles pre- and post-treatment, and blinded evaluators rated subject photos at baseline, after the first treatment and three months after the second treatment.
The evaluators correctly identified the before-and-after images for all subjects. Visia analysis revealed 25 percent improvement after the first treatment and 52 percent improvement three months after the last treatment. Patients...
The last Posts from "Surgical Aesthetics Magazine"
- Way To Grow
- Cynosure Launches TempSure Vitalia For Vaginal Rejuvenation
- ASLMS Laser Aesthetics Course Coming to California in November
- Free Fat Grafts Spur Regeneration of Adipose Tissue
- Legal Issues: Restrictive Covenants
- New Review Highlights Best Candidates for Absorbable Suture Suspension
- Acoustic Shock Wave Therapy Enhances Laser Tattoo Removal Outcomes
- Histogen Begins Clinical Trial for Female Hair Loss
- Global Injections
- Merz North America Appoints New CFO
- Real Time Simulation Software For Breast Procedures Now Available
- Nonablative RF Treatments Increase Skin Elasticity
- Thomas Freyman Joins Allergan Board of Directors
- Dermatology Medical Scribe Training Now Available
- Two Things That Reduce Medical Malpractice Claims in Plastic Surgery
- Topical Brimonidine Following IPL Offers Same Efficacy With Less Erythema
- Next Generation Imaging
- Lightweight Sun Protection
- Over The Counter Eczema Care
- Automated Before and Afters
The headlines of Master Doctor
Novel Way to Boost Colorectal Cancer Screening
Colorectal cancer screening tests mailed to patients insured by Medicaid increased screening rates for this population, observe researchers seeking to increase screening rates...
For Effective Diagnosis of Multiple Myeloma Test the Urine and Blood
Multiple myeloma can be detected by urine test as well as the serum of our blood, say pathologists. Urine test though an age-old diagnostic tool is still very effective in...
Migraine May Increase Ear Disorders
Increased risk of developing ear disorders like tinnitus is seen in people with chronic migraines when compared to those without a headache.
Massive Genome Havoc in Breast Cancer Revealed
One of the most detailed maps ever made of structural variations in a cancer cell's genome has been revealed by researchers.
Intensive Care Patients' Muscles Unable to Use Fats for Energy: Study
Muscle wasting increases length of intensive care unit stay and mortality, and hence it is important that we identify better ways to ensure that nutrition and rehabilitation...
Are your hands always cold? If so, you may need more muscle mass
Have you ever wondered why your hands always get cold? It may be because you need more muscle mass. A study published in the American Journal of Physical Anthropology revealed...
The neuroscience behind overeating: How our brain responds in anticipation...
Harvard neuroscientists have identified a group of neurons in the brain that prepares the body for consumption of food and drink. These neurons release a fast-acting hormone...
What Happened When I Stopped Making Meals For My Family
Drastic behaviors call for drastic measures. My children's reactions ranged from “Oh no you didn't!” to “What does this mean?” as they stared dumbfounded at the sign posted on...
The Mama Dragons Are Using Fiery And Faith-Based Love To Protect Their LGBTQ...
Dragons are fierce, magical, and unique. They evoke curiosity, fear, and pride. The Mama Dragons who are fighting for the lives of their LGBTQ+ children are all of these...
What That Dirty Diaper Says About Your Baby
As a new parent, you likely spend more time at your changing table than you might have anticipated. And while this may be your least favorite task, it's surely one of the most...