Full-face rejuvenation with injectables offers high patient satisfaction, but requires advanced training and an awareness of risk factors.By Inga Hansen When medical aesthetic practices first began to use the term “Liquid Facelift” to describe the use of fillers and botulinum toxins for facial rejuvenation, there was some discomfort in the industry. Many practitioners were wary of suggesting that patients could achieve results comparable to a facelift nonsurgically, and the outcomes were not always ideal. But with experience, new indications and improved techniques, outcomes have improved significantly. More recently, we've learned that injectable treatments not only make the face look younger but can make it behave in a more youthful fashion as well.
Increased strain or compression in the perioral region among older patients changes the appearance of this area, causing more dynamic lines and visible muscle movement, according to a University of Pennsylvania study published in September 2014 in PRS Global...
The last Posts from "Surgical Aesthetics Magazine"
- Way To Grow
- Cynosure Launches TempSure Vitalia For Vaginal Rejuvenation
- ASLMS Laser Aesthetics Course Coming to California in November
- Free Fat Grafts Spur Regeneration of Adipose Tissue
- Legal Issues: Restrictive Covenants
- New Review Highlights Best Candidates for Absorbable Suture Suspension
- Acoustic Shock Wave Therapy Enhances Laser Tattoo Removal Outcomes
- Histogen Begins Clinical Trial for Female Hair Loss
- Merz North America Appoints New CFO
- Real Time Simulation Software For Breast Procedures Now Available
- Nonablative RF Treatments Increase Skin Elasticity
- Thomas Freyman Joins Allergan Board of Directors
- Dermatology Medical Scribe Training Now Available
- Two Things That Reduce Medical Malpractice Claims in Plastic Surgery
- Topical Brimonidine Following IPL Offers Same Efficacy With Less Erythema
- Next Generation Imaging
- Lightweight Sun Protection
- Over The Counter Eczema Care
- Automated Before and Afters
The headlines of Master Doctor
Bitter ‘super-tasters' have a nearly 60% higher risk of cancer
Researchers from Penn State University studied 5,500 British women for 20 years and found those who cannot taste the bitter chemical PTC are less likely to get cancer than...
People over the age of 50 who break a bone increase their risk of dying
Hip fractures are known to increase the mortality risk among older people, but the Garvan Institute of Medical Research study is the first to identify how long the risk lasts...
Salmonella Outbreak Linked to Raw Turkey Sickens 90
Ninety people have gotten sick from raw turkey tainted with salmonella bacteria in 26 states, the CDC and the U.S. Department of Agriculture warned on Thursday. Forty people...
Parents say their children develop extreme behavioral changes after a strep...
Sabrina Smith, 11, from Danbury, Connecticut, was seven years old when she was diagnosed with PANDAS, an autoimmune disorder that creates neurological symptoms after a strep...
Cancer patients who use complementary medicine have higher risk
Complemetary medicine is different to 'alternative'. It is the use of non-traditional treatment with traditional methods, rather than instead of. But still, Yale found these...
Good cholesterol may increase risk of heart disease in older women
Hormonal changes during menopause can cause the 'healthy' HDL blood fat to become harmful - by enlarging the particles, say scientists at the University of Pittsburgh.
An end to paralysis from spinal cord injury?
A new study from Boston Children's Hospital has been able to help mice walk again by injecting a compound which helps reactive nerve pathways that send signals to our leg muscles.
CT Scans may Heighten the Risk of Brain Cancer
CT scans may increase the risk of brain cancer, research at the Oxford University Press finds. This pattern of excess cancer risk may be partly due to confounding by...
Making This 1 Change to My Diet Helped Me Quickly Lose Belly Fat
Last year, I saw a pretty incredible transformation in my body. There was a particularly stressful period of my life where I gained 40 pounds, so when I was ready to get my...
Bless You, Nordstrom! These Millennial Pink Adidas Sneakers Are on a MAJOR Sale
What's better than pink sneakers? Pink sneakers that are discounted, duh. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is in full swing and everyone gets public access to it on July 20. One...