Free Fat Grafts Spur Regeneration of Adipose Tissue
A recent study, published in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery , revealed that human adipose cells transplanted into the scalps of mice caused a new layer of murine fat to form at the periphery of the graft. And the effect was enhanced when stromal vascular fraction and a porcine extracellular matrix was added to the grafted fat.
For “Fate of free fat grafts with or without adipogenic adjuncts to enhance graft outcomes,” Australian researchers Howard H. Tang, MBBS, et al, implanted human lipoaspirate into the scalps of immunodeficient mice, with and without SVF and Adipogel. Volume retention as well as the composition of implanted or regenerated tissue was evaluated at 6 and 12 weeks.
At 12 weeks, almost all of the human adipocytes had died, but a layer of host-derived adipose tissue had formed peripheral to the graft. The group that received fat plus SFV and Adipogel showed the greatest regeneration of new fat. The authors hypothesize that the fat regeneration may have...
The last Posts from "Surgical Aesthetics Magazine"
- Way To Grow
- Cynosure Launches TempSure Vitalia For Vaginal Rejuvenation
- ASLMS Laser Aesthetics Course Coming to California in November
- Legal Issues: Restrictive Covenants
- New Review Highlights Best Candidates for Absorbable Suture Suspension
- Acoustic Shock Wave Therapy Enhances Laser Tattoo Removal Outcomes
- Histogen Begins Clinical Trial for Female Hair Loss
- Global Injections
- Merz North America Appoints New CFO
- Real Time Simulation Software For Breast Procedures Now Available
- Nonablative RF Treatments Increase Skin Elasticity
- Thomas Freyman Joins Allergan Board of Directors
- Dermatology Medical Scribe Training Now Available
- Two Things That Reduce Medical Malpractice Claims in Plastic Surgery
- Topical Brimonidine Following IPL Offers Same Efficacy With Less Erythema
- Next Generation Imaging
- Lightweight Sun Protection
- Over The Counter Eczema Care
- Automated Before and Afters
The headlines of Master Doctor
The Censorship Master Plan Decoded - Introduction
This is a partial reprinting of “The Censorship Master Plan Decoded,” available at this link. The Censorship Master Plan Decoded The blueprint for how tech giants covertly...
Study Yields New Insights into Obesity Causes
Dietary fat causes weight gain because fat in the diet uniquely stimulated the reward centers in the brain, thus causing greater intake of calories.
Allergic to Strawberries and Tomatoes? It's All in the Variety
Food allergies in strawberries and tomatoes explored found that the concentration of the allergen in both types of fruit varied greatly between varieties.
Residential Segregation Linked to Racial Disparity in Firearm Homicide Rates
Greater residential segregation of black and white populations has higher racial disparities in firearm homicide fatalities.
Biomarker Panel Boosts Lung Cancer Risk Assessment for Smokers
The biomarker panel accurately identifies at-risk smokers who should proceed to screening, even if they're not at the highest risk based on smoking history alone.
For Effective Diagnosis of Multiple Myeloma Test the Urine and Blood
Multiple myeloma can be detected by urine test as well as the serum of our blood, say pathologists. Urine test though an age-old diagnostic tool is still very effective in...
Migraine May Increase Ear Disorders
Increased risk of developing ear disorders like tinnitus is seen in people with chronic migraines when compared to those without a headache.
Massive Genome Havoc in Breast Cancer Revealed
One of the most detailed maps ever made of structural variations in a cancer cell's genome has been revealed by researchers.
Vegan-friendly fashion found to be surprisingly bad for the environment
People who avoid fur and other animal-based materials in clothing, believing that this conscious choice makes for a better environment and planet, could be doing more harm than...
Eat your spinach: This plant can help arthritis patients maintain strong bones
Eating spinach can help osteoarthritis patients maintain strong bones, according to a study published in the journal BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine. The study...