FDA Clears Sebacia Microparticles for Acne
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has granted clearance for Sebacia Microparticles for the treatment of mild-to-moderate inflammatory acne. The gold microparticles are used with a 1,064nm laser to selectively target the sebaceous glands. The FDA clearance is based on results from a U.S. pivotal, randomized, controlled, blinded trial evaluating 168 patients with mild-to-moderate acne using either Sebacia Microparticles with laser or laser alone.
In this study, the Sebacia Microparticles treatment arm demonstrated a 53 percent median reduction in inflammatory lesion count, compared to 45 percent median reduction achieved by the laser treatment alone. The study achieved its primary endpoint of demonstrating non-inferiority at 12 weeks. It also achieved several secondary endpoints including 30.1 percent of patients treated with Sebacia Microparticles achieving a clear or almost clear IGA score (Investigator's Global Assessment of acne severity). All reported adverse events were of mild-to-moderate...
The last Posts from "Surgical Aesthetics Magazine"
- Cutera Announces Leadership Change
- Nano-Pulse Stimulation for Sebaceous Hyperplasia
- Neurotoxin Treatments and the Masseter Muscle
- Legal Issues: Informed Consent
- Microneedling Reduces Smoking- and Aging-Related Skin Wrinkles
- Cynosure Launches TempSure Surgical RF Technology
- Addona Named President of Long Island Plastic Surgical Group
- Exacerbation of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome After CAHA Injections
- University of Queensland Installs 15 Whole Body Imaging Systems For Melanoma Screening
- Fractional Laser Resurfacing Significantly Improves Appearance of Skin Grafts
- Nicotine Replacement Carries Similar Postprocedure Risks To Smoking
- Social Recruiting
- Alma acquires Medical Nova
- Galderma Launches Joint Promotions With Top Skincare Brands
- New Study Confirms Pathophysiology of Filler-Induced Blindness
- Coffee Intake Reduces Risk of Rosacea
- Profile: Urmen Desai, MD
- Merz Launches new XEOMIN “Later Haters” Campaign
- 2019 NRS Rosacea Research Grants Available
- Revance Releases Phase 3 Study Results for Toxin RT002
The headlines of Master Doctor
This ‘Gender Reveal' Lasagna Proves The Trend Must Die
Ready or not, a Gender Reveal Lasagna catering package is now available to expecting parents Parents, we have urgent news for you. The trend of gender reveal parties truly...
Scott Adams apologizes to high school students after accidentally believing...
The mainstream media has wasted no time in launching their slanderous attack against a group of students from Covington Catholic High School, claiming that the students were...
Got milk? Not so much. Health Canada's new food guide drops ‘milk and...
At a technical briefing in advance of today's release of Canada's updated food guide , Dr. Hasan Hutchinson was asked why anything dairy appeared to be largely absent from the...
Study confirms a very low-carb diet can help manage Type 1 diabetes
Adhering to a very low-carbohydrate, high-protein diet can help improve blood sugar control in people with Type 1 diabetes, according to a study published in the journal...
Transplants increase 50% for alcohol-related liver disease, study finds
The proportion of people who get liver transplants due to alcohol-related disease has risen by 50% in the last 15 years, after a required sobriety period was dropped, A UCSF...
Payments to Physicians Increases More Opioid Prescriptions
Doctors in the U.S receiving direct payments from opioid manufacturers prescribe more opioids when compared to the doctors who receive no such payments according to new research.
Korean herbal medicine shows clinical potential for treating inflammation of...
Research published in Pharmaceutical Biology has found that a herbal medication called ojayeonjonghwan could be used to manage problems in the prostate gland - in particular...
New study concludes the usefulness of caffeine in reducing the risk of death...
Caffeine is one of the most widely used compounds in the world. It can be found not just in your usual cup of coffee but also in tea, soda, and energy drinks. Even though it is...
AI Cut Process Time in the Abnormal Chest X-ray Diagnosis
A novel Artificial Intelligence can reduce the delay that occurs during abnormal chest X-ray diagnosis. It reduces delay from 11 days to less than 3 days.
Eating a Western diet makes you more prone to listeria as it makes the...
The consumption of this high-fat and low-fibre diet affected the gut bacteria in mice, making them more susceptible to listeriosis - caused by the bacteria Listeria...