EpigenCare Files Patent for Personalized Consumer Skincare Testing Technology
EpigenCare, developer of an at-home test for epigenetic markers of the skin, has filed a patent application for its technology as “A method of creating epigenetic skin profile associated with skin quality.” Specifically, the patent outlines a technique to develop a skin profile from biological samples through epigenetic markers that are associated with skin quality.
The patent application covers a noninvasive sample collection method from the surface of the skin to be subsequently assessed through methylation-specific sequencing. A panel of epigenetic markers associated with skin quality and appearance is specifically measured for their DNA methylation levels to generate an individualized profile of the current quality of one's skin.
“The filing indicates EpigenCare's intention to develop a strong intellectual property portfolio, which will effectively protect the unique innovation of our epigenetic skin test when it enters the retail market,” says Adam Li, inventor of the method and chief scientific officer...
The last Posts from "Surgical Aesthetics Magazine"
- Laser Focused
- Nextech Acquires SRS Health Specialty EMR for Orthopedic Practices
- Allergan Launches New BOTOX Cosmetic “Own Your Look” Consumer Campaign
- FDA Approves Jeuveau PrabotulinumtoxinA-xvfs For Injection
- Practice Management: Blueprint for Success
- Real Housewife Sonja Morgan Is New Face of CoolSculpting
- New Oral Antibiotic For Acne Now Available
- One Third of Dermatologists Mix Injectable Fillers Prior to Injection
- Practice By Design
- Repechage and Bellus Academy Launch First CIDESCO USA Skin Care Certification Course
- A Review of Botulinum Toxin Treatment for Platysma Bands
- Key Trends in Facial Plastic Surgery
- Cutera Announces Leadership Change
- Nano-Pulse Stimulation for Sebaceous Hyperplasia
- Neurotoxin Treatments and the Masseter Muscle
- Legal Issues: Informed Consent
- Microneedling Reduces Smoking- and Aging-Related Skin Wrinkles
- Cynosure Launches TempSure Surgical RF Technology
- Addona Named President of Long Island Plastic Surgical Group
- Exacerbation of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome After CAHA Injections
The headlines of Master Doctor
Drug to Rejuvenate Muscle Cells Developed
New study supports the development of an innovative drug treatment that has the potential to help the elderly to become fitter, faster and stronger.
Following a Standard Bathing Protocol Can Prevent Dangerous Infections among...
Following a standard bathing protocol which involves the use of antiseptic soap, mouthwash, and nose ointment can prevent dangerous infections among discharged hospital...
How To Manage This Often-Overlooked Challenge For SAHM Moms Who Want To Go...
I didn't do the working mom gig for long-only 10 weeks after my first child was born. I was a teacher at the time, the primary financial support for our household, and my...
Is One Form of Protein Best for Older Adults with Muscle Loss?
Protein is made up of building blocks called amino acids. The amino acids are strung together into longer chains like beads on a string. Each amino acid is joined to the next...
The mental and emotional benefits of healthier food: Study finds children...
Healthy food consumption is highly associated with good health. This has been validated by various scientific literature: Adding fruits and vegetables to our meals results in...
Sofas and vinyl flooring are poisoning children
Kids who live in public housing, where those materials are commonplace, have toxin levels up to 15 times higher than those who aren't exposed, Duke University scientists found.
Decluttering Should Come With A Disclaimer And Here's Why
Over 10 years ago, I was strolling through Target with three toddlers and saw a pink, heart shaped cake pan in the dollar spot. I'd scored big time . We went home and I put my...
'This flu season is not mild': 19,000 people have been killed by the virus...
On Saturday, leaders at the NIH and CDC raised the alarm, saying the flu is ‘much harder to prevent than measles' but insisted that even the least effective vaccines will...
Arthritis in pregnant women increases the child's risk of epilepsy by 160...
Children who are born to mothers who experienced rheumatoid arthritis during their pregnancy are more likely to have epilepsy. As published in the journal of Arthritis Care &...
Higher Risk of CVDs in OSA Patients With Excessive Daytime Sleepiness
Adults with obstructive sleep apnea who experience excessive sleepiness while awake have a higher risk for cardiovascular diseases than those without excessive daytime sleepiness.