End-of-Year Tax Planning
New tax provisions make end-of-year tax planning even more important for practices and medspas.By Mark E. Battersby Last December the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act was signed into law. The new legislation is broad in scope and can potentially lower the tax burden on most U.S.-based businesses. But reaping the benefits requires understanding how deductions have changed and how your practice or medspa's business entity and accounting methods impact its use of new deductions and tax credits. Following are some the key changes to consider as we enter the last quarter of 2018.
Under the TCJA's “100 percent bonus depreciation,” businesses can now write off the full cost of equipment and property purchases-such as medical equipment, computers, fixtures, furniture and vehicles-in the year the equipment was placed in service. Pre-TCJA, businesses could only write off equipment cost depreciation over a number of years.
In addition, the first-year expensing write-off has been doubled from $500,000 to...
The last Posts from "Surgical Aesthetics Magazine"
- CIDESCO USA To Offer Advanced Esthetic Education at IECSC Las Vegas
- Ortho Dermatologics Duobrii Approved For Plaque Psoriasis In Adults
- Brooke Shields is the new Celebrity Spokesperson for SculpSure Body Contouring
- Long-Term Outcomes of Fibroblast-Seeded HA Filler
- Telemedicine evolution
- RepliCel Regenerative Medicine Technologies Secure Several New Patents
- InMode Launches AccuTite RF Lipolysis System for Small Areas
- Antibiotic-Impregnated Mesh May Reduce Risk of Capsular Contracture
- ASPS Shares National Average Fees for Top Cosmetic Procedures
- Practice Marketing: Digital IQ
- American Skin Association Celebrates Three Honorees
- Allergan Worldwide Aesthetic Survey Highlights Trends in Aesthetic Medicine
- Effects of Energy-Based Devices on HA Filler
- Aesthetic Devices: Focus on the Body
- April is Rosacea Awareness Month
- Tomato Phytonutrients Support Skin's UV Resilience
- ASLMS Recognizes Achievement in Laser Medicine and Research
- Skin Care: Daily Protection
- Skin Care: Night Renewal
- Aesthetic Device: Tempsure Surgical RF
The headlines of Master Doctor
Vascular Surgery After Firearm Injury Linked to Increased Morbidity, Mortality
Patients who underwent surgical repair of their major blood vessels due to firearm injury have a higher risk of morbidity and mortality, finds a new study.
Individualized Nutritional Support Can Improve Treatment Outcomes in...
Individual nutrition management can improve dietary outcomes as well as clinical treatment outcomes in hospitalized patients, reveals a new study.
Cook Your Wash: An Effective HIV Prevention Technique Among Injection Drug Users
Sharing of equipment is a potential means of HIV transmission among injection drug users. However, heating the tools with a cigarette lighter for just 10 seconds can kill the...
Ortho Dermatologics Duobrii Approved For Plaque Psoriasis In Adults
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has approved the New Drug Application for Ortho Dermatologics' DUOBRII Lotion, 0.01%/0.045%, indicated for the topical treatment of plaque...
Type 2 diabetes REVERSED in 40 percent of patients. could have doubled if...
Intensive medical treatment with oral drugs, insulin and lifestyle therapies may help reverse Type 2 diabetes, a Canadian study shows. Researchers at McMaster University and...
American Freedom Law Center sues Michigan Attorney General over...
Earlier this month, we reported on the sinister efforts of Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel to establish a “thought criminal” database in her state to keep tabs on...
PSA: Take More Candid Pics Of Your Spouse With The Kids
I was on Facebook the other day and the most adorable picture came up as a memory. It was from seven years ago, when I was attending graduate school in Minnesota. Mel and I...
Too Many U.S. Women Still Drinking in Pregnancy
The study found that, far from decreasing, the rate of drinking and binge drinking in pregnancy actually rose slightly from levels reported in 2011-2013.
Born Before 1989? You Might Need Another Dose Of Measles Vaccine
If you were born before 1989, you may want to call your doctor about getting one more dose of the measles vaccine Amid what's now officially the worst measles outbreak since...
How I Survived A Teething Baby And Got Serious About My Kids' Dental Care
When I decided to have my kids close in age, I didn't consider that I would have an infant and a toddler at the same time. I was blinded by the idea of them growing up as best...