Close to Half of Negative Reviews Not Related To Outcomes
Aesthetic physicians rightly focus on delivering optimal outcomes, but consistently good cosmetic results may not be enough to maintain positive online reviews. A special topic paper in the May 2018 issue of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery revealed that nearly 40 percent of negative online reviews were written by people who did not undergo a procedure.
John Y.S. Kim, MD, of Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine and colleagues, analyzed patient ratings of plastic surgeons on three popular review websites: Google, Yelp and RealSelf. The study included more than 1,000 reviews related to breast augmentation surgery in six metropolitan areas: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Houston, Philadelphia, and Miami.
They found that 87.5 percent of reviews were positive , while 12.5 percent were negative , and negative reviews were significantly longer than positive reviews.
Nearly 70 percent of positive reviews cited good cosmetic outcomes. Other characteristics mentioned...
The last Posts from "Surgical Aesthetics Magazine"
- Way To Grow
- Cynosure Launches TempSure Vitalia For Vaginal Rejuvenation
- ASLMS Laser Aesthetics Course Coming to California in November
- Free Fat Grafts Spur Regeneration of Adipose Tissue
- Legal Issues: Restrictive Covenants
- New Review Highlights Best Candidates for Absorbable Suture Suspension
- Acoustic Shock Wave Therapy Enhances Laser Tattoo Removal Outcomes
- Histogen Begins Clinical Trial for Female Hair Loss
- Global Injections
- Merz North America Appoints New CFO
- Real Time Simulation Software For Breast Procedures Now Available
- Nonablative RF Treatments Increase Skin Elasticity
- Thomas Freyman Joins Allergan Board of Directors
- Dermatology Medical Scribe Training Now Available
- Two Things That Reduce Medical Malpractice Claims in Plastic Surgery
- Topical Brimonidine Following IPL Offers Same Efficacy With Less Erythema
- Next Generation Imaging
- Lightweight Sun Protection
- Over The Counter Eczema Care
- Automated Before and Afters
The headlines of Master Doctor
Does removing sugar from your diet starve cancer cells? New study finds...
Cutting back on sugar may help decrease your likelihood of getting certain cancers, a recent study noted. The finding, which was part of an investigation made by researchers...
Drug for Treating Parkinson's Symptoms May Treat Heart Failure: Clinical...
A drug ITI-214 that is now in clinical trials for treating symptoms of Parkinson's disease holds promise for treating heart failure. ITI-214 is is being tested in heart failure...
Houseplants Could One Day Monitor Home Health: Study
Synthetic biology is a valuable tool for agricultural production, allowing farmers to grow plants designed to resist drought or certain pests.
Better bread: Using activated water and stevia means longer shelf life...
In order to make high-quality bread, one must first gather the best ingredients. These ingredients can range from rye grain to spelt or rice flour, all of which can imbue bread...
I'm a Trainer, and This Is My Favorite Exercise For Strength Training and...
People are always looking for the most effective exercises they can do to tone their body, trim inches, get stronger , and lose weight. I'm a personal trainer, and through the...
Diabetes May Increase Cancer Risk in Women Than Men
Women with diabetes have a higher risk of developing cancer than men. Diabetes showed a higher site-specific cancer risk for women than men for oral, stomach and kidney cancers...
Artificial Intelligence Robot Chemist Can Reduce Cost of Drug Discovery
Using Artificial Intelligence , a robot can find new reactions and molecules which can reduce the cost of discovering new molecules for drugs.
This Is Why Parents Aren't Sleeping
Welcome to parenthood, hope you hate sleeping. We get the least amount of sleep and need it most, and yet we still have a hard time falling and staying asleep every night. Even...
REAL.video launch report: 3000 videos, 80K views and 600K viewed minutes in...
REAL.video is exploding as the alternative go-to video platform for liberty and free speech. With over 3,000 videos now live in the system, the 100+ channels now available are...
This Is Exactly How to Do Flexible Intermittent Fasting
When it comes to figuring out how to live a healthier life , I sometimes find myself lost in a vacuum of information that works overtime to explain why each and every diet or...