Addition of Nanofat Enhances Fat Graft Neovascularization
Co-transplantation of fat with nanofat promotes neovascularization and improves fat graft survival, according to the results of a mouse study performed by Qian Yu, PhD, et al, of department of plastic and reconstructive surgery at Shanghai 9 th People's Hospital in Shanghai, China.
The researchers grafted fat under the scalps of nude mice. They added nanofat-prepared via mechanical emulsification and filtration-to the harvested fat in two goups. One group received fat with no nanofat to act as a control. Twelve weeks after transplantation, they dissected the grafted fat and measured graft weight and volume. Capillary density was measured through histological evaluation.
Both groups that underwent co-transplantation of fat with nanofat showed higher graft weight and volume retention and higher capillary density compared to controls. There were no significant differences in outcomes between the two nanofat volumes.
The study was published in June 2018 issue of Aesthetic Surgery .
Image copyright Getty...
The last Posts from "Surgical Aesthetics Magazine"
- Practice Marketing With Instagram
- Hologic Opens State-Of-The-Art Learning Centre In Belgium
- Demand for Nonsurgical Cosmetic Treatments Still Increasing
- Promising Phase 2 Data of CCH for Cellulite Published
- Practice Management: Lease Renewals
- Ortho Dermatologics Accepting Applications for its Aspire Higher Scholarship Program
- Pulse Biosciences Seeking 510 Approval for CellFX Nanopulse Stimulation System
- Port Wine Stain Laser Treatment in Infancy Without Need for Anesthesia
- Targeted Delivery
- Syneron-Candela Is Now Candela
- Sebacia Demonstrates 85 Percent Improvement in Acne at 12 Months
- Hruza Assumes Presidency of AAD
- New Psoriasis Guidelines Address Comorbidities and Biologic Treatment
- Alma Lasers to Debut Laser-Based Fat Transfer System
- Longevity of Barbed Suture Insertion Lifts
- FDA Proposes New Sunscreen Regulations
- Fade Out
- HHS Releases Cybersecurity Practice Guides for Healthcare Industry
- Lutronic Launches Genius Intelligent RF Delivery Platform
- Stratacel Silicone Dressing Superior to Aquaphor for Healing
The headlines of Master Doctor
E-books are Ruining Children's Storytime
Storytime with e-books is not as helpful as traditional print books. A new study finds that parents and children talk and interact less with electronic books compared to print...
Potential New Therapy for Liver Diseases Discovered
The drug sivelestat may effectively lower portal hypertension, improving symptoms and outcomes for those patients. Portal hypertension is associated with cirrhosis and other...
Spending too much time sitting down kills 50,000 Brits each year
Figures on sedentary behaviour were taken from the Health Survey for England 2012, which reported that 30 per cent of adults in England spent at least six hours/day sedentary...
Pregnant women who work two or more night shifts a week have a greater risk...
Danish researchers analysed data of 20,000 women over a six year period. It is believed that light exposure during night hours affects important hormones.
Major Medical Groups Call for Soda Taxes
In a new joint policy statement, the American Academy of Pediatrics and the American Heart Association also recommended a host of other public policies, all aimed at cutting...
Cannabis-related ER visits TRIPLED in Colorado after legalization
A new study from the University of Colorado School of Medicine has found that, at one hospital, 3,300 ER visits were related to marijuana in 2012 and spiked to nearly 10,000 in...
Measles cases soar above 300 in nationwide outbreak fueled by anti-vaxxers...
The CDC says 314 confirmed cases of measles have been reported in 15 states since January 1. Most cases have been reported in children under age 10 who are not vaccinated
Secondhand Smoke Can Raise Fetal Heart Risks
All types of parental smoking were linked to an increased risk of congenital heart birth defects, the analysis found.
A compound found in grapes and wine can regulate blood glucose in people...
A natural substance commonly found in grapes and wine appears to help regulate blood sugar in people with Type 2 diabetes. This compound - known as resveratrol - can help lower...
I Love Living In A Neighborhood With Tons Of Kids
My new neighborhood is a swath of tightly packed homes. I know more about my neighbors , their children and their pets than is reasonably comfortable for people that relish...