1060nm Laser Effective for Hair Removal on All Skin Types
A recent study of Lumenis' Inifinity 1,060nm diode laser revealed that the device is effective and offers a good safety profile for laser hair removal on all skin types. Authors Edward V. Ross, MD, Omar A. Ibrahimi, MD, and Suzanne Kilmer, MD, performed an open‐label, prospective, multi‐center study of 42 adult patients of varying skin types with dark brown or black hairs at the treatment site. Subjects underwent one of two treatment regimens. Sixteen patients had six treatments, spaced four to six weeks apart, using a chilled sapphire tip handpiece. The second group had seven treatments, spaced six weeks apart, using a large spot size, vacuum-based handpiece.
Hair count, hair coarseness and hair color in the treatment area were assessed at baseline and at follow-up visits. An investigator evaluated immediate skin responses and adverse events at every visit, and subjects were asked to report treatment-associated pain levels at each vsit. One subgroup within the large spot size, vacuum‐assisted...
The last Posts from "Surgical Aesthetics Magazine"
- PODCAST: The Perfect Pair - Complementing CO2 Laser with the Profound RF Microneedling to Enhance Patient Results
- Practice Marketing: Run with Radio
- Join the 2019 Controversies & Conversations Symposium
- Birthday Loyalty Programs: A Powerful Practice-Building Opportunity
- Preoperative Shockwave Therapy Improves Wound Healing
- Working with Estheticians
- Allergan Launches New e-Commerce Platform for Physicians
- Abstract Submissions and Early Bird Registration Now Open for ASDS Conference
- Rotational Fractional Resection Technology Moves One Step Closer To Approval
- Multispecialty Task Force Calls on FDA To Expedite Oversight of Cosmetic Stem Cell Treatments
- Chemical Peels More Effective Than PRP for Periorbital Hyperpigmentation
- Chemical Peels: Going Deeper
- PODCAST: Why the Profound System is the Perfect Complement to Microfocused Ultrasound
- CIDESCO USA To Offer Advanced Esthetic Education at IECSC Las Vegas
- Ortho Dermatologics Duobrii Approved For Plaque Psoriasis In Adults
- Brooke Shields is the new Celebrity Spokesperson for SculpSure Body Contouring
- Long-Term Outcomes of Fibroblast-Seeded HA Filler
- Telemedicine evolution
- RepliCel Regenerative Medicine Technologies Secure Several New Patents
- InMode Launches AccuTite RF Lipolysis System for Small Areas
The headlines of Master Doctor
Link Between in Vitro Fertilization and Heart Disease in Pregnancy Discovered
Women who are undergoing fertility treatment should see their doctor/physician urgently if they have heart failure symptoms, says study.
Holidays may Disrupt Drug Routines of Children with Diabetes
Drug adherence is decreased among children with type 1 diabetes during school holidays and on weekends, finds a new study.
Topical uses for marijuana: Study finds it effective at soothing skin...
Skin diseases like eczema and psoriasis can potentially be treated with marijuana, a recent study suggests. Robert Dellavalle from the University of Colorado School of Medicine...
Effects of Short-Term Daily Community Walk Aide Use on Children With...
Purpose: To determine the effects of functional electrical stimulation on the main impairments affecting gait in children with unilateral spastic cerebral palsy. Methods: A...
New mouse study finds level of liver toxicity for CBD
A study published recently has found a level of liver toxicity for CBD, putting up a big caveat to the notion within the hemp/CBD world that its products have nothing in the...
First Mesothelioma Treatment in 15 Years Approved
The new device was approved under the Humanitarian Device Exemption, which was created to encourage innovation in rare diseases.
These 16 Names Are Perfect For A Gemini Baby
If your new addition is born between the dates of May 21st and June 21st, congratulations - it's twins! Okay, maybe not twins in the traditional sense (although if you really...
This Man In His 30's Doesn't Think He's A Creep For Flirting With 19-Year-Olds
A man in his 30's was confused when a group of younger women were creeped out by him I know none of us need yet another story about a creepy guy who doesn't understand...
The Lucrative Black Market in Human Fat
One night in 1731, Cornelia di Bandi burst into flames. When the 62-year-old Italian countess was found the next morning, her head and torso had been reduced to ash and grease...
Top Benefits of Aloe Vera, Coconut Oil for Healthy Hair Revealed
Top benefits of aloe vera and coconut oil that will make your summer hair softer and healthier have been revealed by experts.