What It's Like When My Kids Are At Their Dad's House
I walk through the front door and excitedly confront the mess before me. I've spent the past few days awaiting this moment: the moment I can finally catch up on life. The laundry piles are high, the dishwasher is full of clean dishes to put away and the sink is overflowing with dirty ones. There are bathrooms to be cleaned, beds to be made, and a refrigerator that needs to be replenished. I let out a huge sigh of relief - my home will soon be clean again.
Kids, two homes, and a 50-50 parenting split present me with five, consecutive, childfree nights: uninterrupted showers, a bathroom and a bed entirely my own, and sleep - hours upon hours of deep, peaceful sleep. Balance is built into my life via court-order. Some people say this is one of the perks of divorce. In theory, yes. But underneath it's not so rosy.
I stop to survey the mess, I'm suddenly overwhelmed. Instead of rejoicing in my time alone, my thoughts are consumed with regret. I glance at the pile of clothes at the bottom of the stairs, and I hear...
The last Posts from "Scary Mommy"
- The Surprising Thing I Learned At My High School Reunion
- 10 Highs And Lows Of Being A Step-Parent
- This Is The Problem With Saying ‘It's Up To You'
- Most Stuf Oreos Are Officially Here And Just Take Our Money
- Woman Perfectly Shuts Down Jiffy Lube Employee Who Texted Her Inappropriately
- Twitter's Having A Blast Trolling This Guy Who Threw His Gillette Razor In The Toilet
- Federal Employees Are Using Food Banks To Feed Their Families During Shutdown
- The Heartbreaking Connection I Had With A Girl Next To Me On The Plane
- Here's What To Know About Thalassophobia Because You Probably Have It
- When Report Cards Go Home On A Friday, Physical Abuse Goes Up
- WHO Names Anti-Vax Movement As A Top 10 Health Threat Of 2019
- The Flu Poses Serious Risks To Pregnant Women And Their Babies
- Mariah Carey's '10 Year Challenge' Post Is Your New Life Coach
- Peeps Cereal Exists And Sounds Utterly Disgusting - Your Kids Will Def Want It
- Mahershala Ali Putting His Career On Hold So His Wife Can Shine Is HusbandGoals
- How Motherhood Ruined My Relationship With My Own Mother
- 6 Practical Tips For IEP Meetings
- Divorce Parties Are A Thing And They Are Brilliant
- Furloughed Workers In Need Of Help Have Started 1,500 GoFundMe Pages
- Study Finds SAHMs Should Make $160k A Year Caring For Their Kids
The headlines of Master Doctor
Smoking Accelerates Aging
Smokers demonstrated a higher aging ratio, and both male and female smokers were predicted to be twice as old as their chronological age as compared to nonsmokers, revealed...
World Trade Center Responders at Higher Risk for Head, Neck Cancers
World Trade Center responders are more likely to have human papillomavirus -related head and neck cancers, reveals a new study.
Less Than Half of US Youth Discuss Sensitive Topics With Their Doctors, Says...
Modifying healthcare delivery practices may improve discussions between youth and their healthcare providers, stated new research.
Existing Concussion Tests for Ice Hockey Players Miss Vital Brain Function...
Novel tool measures the brain's vital signs using complex brainwave data as a new study finds that existing concussion tests often have persistent, undetected deficits in...
A Novel Stem Cell Approach to Treat Diabetes
Stem cell-derived beta cells have been developed by a researcher that produces correct amount of insulin more responsive to the fluctuating glucose in the cells.
Blister Fluid Can Help Diagnose Burn Depth and Severity Much Faster
Blister fluid can identify burn depth and severity more accurately, reveals a new study.
Rapid Increase in Co-usage of Opioids and Benzodiazepines Among Americans
Intake of a combination of opioids along with drugs commonly prescribed for pain, insomnia, and anxiety is rapid raising among the Americans.
Non-profit consumer group calls for action; cites increase in food recalls
Likening a trip to the grocery store to shooting craps, a consumer watchdog group is reporting that data from the U.S. government shows food recalls are on an upward trend...
Ditch the aspirin! Ginger works just as well. with NONE of the side effects
A daily dose of one aspirin a day is often prescribed for the prevention of heart disease to those who are at risk. However, just like with other over-the-counter drugs, the...
From preventing bloating to reduced cancer risk, here are 5 health benefits...
The pineapple is a nutritious tropical fruit, and you should consume fresh pineapples if you want to keep your bones healthy and lower your risk of developing cancer. The...