What It's Like When My Kids Are At Their Dad's House
I walk through the front door and excitedly confront the mess before me. I've spent the past few days awaiting this moment: the moment I can finally catch up on life. The laundry piles are high, the dishwasher is full of clean dishes to put away and the sink is overflowing with dirty ones. There are bathrooms to be cleaned, beds to be made, and a refrigerator that needs to be replenished. I let out a huge sigh of relief - my home will soon be clean again.
Kids, two homes, and a 50-50 parenting split present me with five, consecutive, childfree nights: uninterrupted showers, a bathroom and a bed entirely my own, and sleep - hours upon hours of deep, peaceful sleep. Balance is built into my life via court-order. Some people say this is one of the perks of divorce. In theory, yes. But underneath it's not so rosy.
I stop to survey the mess, I'm suddenly overwhelmed. Instead of rejoicing in my time alone, my thoughts are consumed with regret. I glance at the pile of clothes at the bottom of the stairs, and I hear...
The last Posts from "Scary Mommy"
- My Spouse And I Are Separated But We Still Live Together
- What It's Like To Be Friends With A Narcissist
- 22 Things You'll Want If You Like Cats More Than Humans
- If Moms When To The Fyre Festival
- If Moms Did Rage Yoga
- There's A Jon Bon Jovi Cruise And Excuse Us While We Sprint On Board
- Your Own Childhood Can Stop You From Feeling Joy In Motherhood
- Jameela Jamil Points Out What's REALLY Behind All That Celebrity Beauty
- Hell Yes: Drinking Coffee And Alcohol Every Day May Help You Live Longer
- I'm Obsessed With Unicorns, So BRB Buying Everything
- I Love Living In A Neighborhood With Tons Of Kids
- Why Toy Sharing Programs Could Be The Next Big Thing
- This Cup Is Going To Make Life With Your Toddler So Much Easier
- Sandy Hook Father Dies By Apparent Suicide
- All These Years Later, Grief Still Catches Me By Surprise Sometimes
- Viral Thread About ‘Airplane Creeps' Proves Women Aren't Safe From Harassment Anywhere
- Jameela Jamil Is Uniting Women On Twitter Over Unwanted Advances From Men
- This Ode To The ‘Hot Mess Mom' Will Make You Feel So Seen
- 3 Reasons I Might Cancel Plans
- Why My Ex-Husband Had An Affair
The headlines of Master Doctor
Moms with Fussy Babies are More Prone to Depression
Do you have a fussy baby at home? Mothers of fussy babies are more likely to develop depression symptoms, reveals a new study.
Bacteria can Travel Thousands of Miles Globally Through the Air
Bacteria may travel thousands of miles through the air worldwide instead of hitching rides with people and animals, reveals a study.
Replacing Sitting Time with Light Physical Activity Lowers Death Risk
Do you like sitting around? A new study found that swapping 30 minutes of sitting time with light physical activity can reduce the risk of early death by 50 percent.
Weight Loss Drug Phentermine may be Safe and Effective for Long-term...
Phentermine, an inexpensive weight loss drug approved for only short term use also may be safe and effective for long term treatment, stated new research.
Parasitic Worms Could Cause Cancers and also Help Cure Them
Worms cause cancers to billions of people around the world and could also help treat the cancer, finds new research.
One-month-old baby feeding and sleep schedule
As your baby heads into their second month, it can simultaneously feel like you've been doing this forever and you still have no idea what you're doing. Needless to say, being...
E-books are Ruining Children's Storytime
Storytime with e-books is not as helpful as traditional print books. A new study finds that parents and children talk and interact less with electronic books compared to print...
Potential New Therapy for Liver Diseases Discovered
The drug sivelestat may effectively lower portal hypertension, improving symptoms and outcomes for those patients. Portal hypertension is associated with cirrhosis and other...
Cannabis-related ER visits TRIPLED in Colorado after legalization
A new study from the University of Colorado School of Medicine has found that, at one hospital, 3,300 ER visits were related to marijuana in 2012 and spiked to nearly 10,000 in...
Spending too much time sitting down kills 50,000 Brits each year
Figures on sedentary behaviour were taken from the Health Survey for England 2012, which reported that 30 per cent of adults in England spent at least six hours/day sedentary...