What It Feels Like When Your Children Are Born With Health Issues
When my son was diagnosed with hydronephrosis in utero, I panicked. I had never heard of hydronephrosis and didn't realize that kidneys could have fluid on them let alone it lead to long-term health consequences. Medical professionals reassured me that his diagnosis was not reflective of anything that I had done the wrong way it was just something that happened with children from time to time.
When your child is born with health issues, it's hard not to blame yourself. Any mother whose child has a health condition will tell you we feel some level of responsibility even when it is illogical to do so. You wonder if you would've missed one less prenatal vitamin would things have gone differently. Or perhaps that glass of wine you had the week before finding out you were pregnant is what's the blame. You go through a lot of things that don't make sense when you say them out loud but you need someone to blame. Most often, you'll blame yourself.
It took a while, but with time I stopped this feeling the...
The last Posts from "Scary Mommy"
- Viral Florida Man Google Challenge Has Us All Asking ‘WTF Florida?'
- Charlottesville Teen Arrested For Plot Targeting Hispanic And Black Students
- Here's The Period Accessory Your Teen Daughter Needs
- Teen Brings Home Interactive Baby For Class And It Goes About As Well As You'd Think
- Dear MIL, You Raised Your Kids - Now Please Let Me Raise Mine
- Why I Need To Ask You If Your Child Is Vaccinated
- Parkland Shooting Survivor Dies By Suicide After Struggling With PTSD
- Postpartum Moms Should TRY To Avoid Lugging Around Car Seats
- 6 Ways To Really Support Women Of Color
- It Took Months For Me To Bond With My Daughter
- To The Mean Lady In The Checkout Line
- Despite What You Might Think, Abortion Isn't An Easy Way Out
- To Be Better Parents, We Need To Understand Kids' Brain Development
- This Meme Is A Slap In The Face To SIDS Parents
- What Happened When I Left My Kids Home Alone
- ‘Lotus Births' Are The New Birthing Trend
- Every Sports Parent Needs This Heated Folding Chair Immediately
- Teachers Shot ‘Execution Style' With Plastic Bullets In Active Shooter Drill
- United Airlines Is Now Offering Gender Choices For Nonbinary Fliers
- Jameela Jamil Calls Out Khloe Kardashian For Irresponsibly Promoting Weight Loss
The headlines of Master Doctor
What Besides Opioids Can Help Post-C-Section Pain?
Pain after a C-section can be controlled effectively with ibuprofen and acetaminophen, researchers said. For those who do need opioids, a lower dose can work.
Barneys New York's New Cannabis Lifestyle Shop Puts the "High" in High End
Barneys New York is taking high-end shopping to the next level with its new cannabis lifestyle shop, The High End. The new luxury lifestyle and wellness concept shop, located...
Mailed Home Colon Cancer Tests Boost Screening
Researchers believe that mailing the screening kits directly to patients, which frames participation as the default, reduced steps in the process, and made it easier for...
Brain-cancer patients reveal the subtle 'symptoms' they ignored
A study of 39 brain-cancer sufferers by King's College London reveals just how slight the signs can be, with many dismissing their poor memory and lack of balance as part of...
Mothers who are obese while pregnant have children with heart problems...
A new study from the Washington University School of Medicine in St Louis has found that obese mic had offspring with heart problems, and these issues last for at least three...
Market for organic products continues to expand as consumers ditch unhealthy...
With a growing community of people who take their family's health seriously, organic sales are reaching an all-time high. “Free-from” foods are products that do not contain...
Naltrexone Implant Prevents Relapse in HIV Patients With Opioid Dependence
Implant form of naltrexone which releases drug gradually, improves HIV outcomes better compared to the daily oral form of naltrexone in opioid dependence.
Reusing Cooking Oil May Up Breast Cancer Risk
Is it safe to reuse cooking oil? Beware, reusing the same frying oil too many times may trigger genetic changes that promote the progression of late-stage breast cancer...
Gift Cards Make Better Incentives Than Cash: Study
Do you prefer cash incentives over gift cards? A new study finds that gift cards make better incentives than cash as it is connected to healthier outcomes in employee wellness...
New Membrane Helps Regenerate Tissue and Bone for Gum Disease Treatment
Novel periodontal membrane may lead to more effective and reliable therapy for a severe gum disease known as periodontitis. This innovative technique helps regrow gum tissue...