What I Realized After I Lost My Cool With My Kids
I admit it. I was grumpy. I was hot, tired and hungry. And you were, too. It was approaching 95 degrees that day with what I swear was 100% humidity and we were stuck inside with no AC because our yard has no shade. The fans weren't doing anything to help us stay cool. Even a ride in the car barely calmed you down.
All day, you were hyper and fresh, two things that normally aren't words I use to describe you. But I really couldn't blame you. Your brother was up in your face. The dog wouldn't stop barking at anything that dared to go by the house. I kept saying “no.” I needed to sit for a bit. The sun was too hot for you to be outside and you didn't understand why. No movie or TV show was the right one. You wanted to play baseball and you were furious you couldn't do it in the house. You refused to eat. You refused to sit still. You refused to do any of the activities that normally entertain you.
Your brother followed suit.
And I was quick to temper. Just like you.
It was a long day. Bedtime should have been...
The last Posts from "Scary Mommy"
- Disney Releases Teasers Of What Will Be On Disney Plus
- Kourtney Kardashian Tries To Sell ‘Hoo Ha' Cleansers And Women Aren't Here For It
- GMA Host Laughs About Prince George Taking Ballet Lessons
- Coors Just Became The Official Beer Of ‘Being Done With Your Bra'
- I Can't Throw Away My Last Positive Pregnancy Test - And It's 5 Years Old
- Sexism - Not Finances - Is The Reason We Don't Have Affordable Child Care
- My Tween Has Never Stayed Home Alone
- Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction Can Make Pregnancy Even Harder
- The Problem With Vacation Re-Entry Is That Everything Is Just Like I Left It
- It's Not Our Children's Job To Save The World
- Please Stop Suggesting Discipline Methods Can ‘Fix' My Child's Special Needs
- Of Course My Head Is About To Explode-It's Back-To-School Season
- Kids Have A Right To Co-Exist In Your Spaces Too
- We Need To Stop Policing Pregnant Women's Bodies
- A New High School Will Feature Zig-Zag Hallways Where Kids Can Hide From A Shooter
- Being A Mom With Depression Makes Parenting So Much Harder
- ‘So You Think You Can Dance' Did A Powerful Routine To Protest Gun Violence
- My Mom Is The Person I Measure My Parenting Against
- When Strangers Talked About My Fat Body In Front Of Me
- Being Called ‘Ma'am' And Other Heinous Changes That Happen In Your 30s
The headlines of Master Doctor
Your Dog May Be Leading You to a Healthier Heart
Researchers found that compared with people who had no pets, dog owners tended to have fewer risk factors for heart disease: They got more exercise, and had healthier diets and...
The long trail of dead bodies false flags that follow around Bill Hillary...
“The decedent shot himself in the back of the head seventeen times with a long-barreled, single shot shotgun. A clear case of suicide.” No one with over two brain cells...
This Best-Selling Jacket Is The Perfect Way To Make Back-To-School Feel Cool...
The first day of school is stressful AF. The cliques, the stares, the silent judgement. And that's just the moms! Luckily, when it comes to the kids, there's an easy way to...
Pollution causes rates of angioplasties to spiral, say scientists
Doctors at the University Hospital in Krakow used data from nearly 16,000 patients who had undergone the operation, which is often dished out as an emergency surgery to treat a...
Elite athletes have high rates of oral disease despite brushing their teeth more
Researchers at The University College London blamed athletes' heavy use of sports drinks, gels and bars which can be high in sugar. Many athletes endorse such products.
New Method Helps Detect Unreported Zika Outbreaks
Using travel data and infections diagnosed in travelers plus viral gene analysis, scientists have been able to uncover a hidden Zika outbreak in Cuba in 2017, that went...
Computer Model Could Be Used To Test New Sickle Cell Medications
Sickle cell disease medication can be now tested using new computer model which mimics the way red blood cells become misshapen.
BMI and Height Might Be Determined By Our Genes And Environment Influence
Body mass index may influenced by Environmental conditions through increasing or decreasing the effect of inherited genes.
Cerebral Palsy: Improving Function, Independence, and Quality of Life of...
Cerebral palsy is among the most prevalent movement disorders in children. Experts from various streams share their expertise and summarize new research aimed at maintaining...
New System Improves Wound Treatment, Drug Delivery In Soldiers
New study takes advantage of differences in electrical charge to create an all-aqueous, water-in-water construct that achieves compartmentalization in a synthetic biologic system.