What I Realized After I Lost My Cool With My Kids
I admit it. I was grumpy. I was hot, tired and hungry. And you were, too. It was approaching 95 degrees that day with what I swear was 100% humidity and we were stuck inside with no AC because our yard has no shade. The fans weren't doing anything to help us stay cool. Even a ride in the car barely calmed you down.
All day, you were hyper and fresh, two things that normally aren't words I use to describe you. But I really couldn't blame you. Your brother was up in your face. The dog wouldn't stop barking at anything that dared to go by the house. I kept saying “no.” I needed to sit for a bit. The sun was too hot for you to be outside and you didn't understand why. No movie or TV show was the right one. You wanted to play baseball and you were furious you couldn't do it in the house. You refused to eat. You refused to sit still. You refused to do any of the activities that normally entertain you.
Your brother followed suit.
And I was quick to temper. Just like you.
It was a long day. Bedtime should have been...
The last Posts from "Scary Mommy"
- Céline Dion Opened Up About The Passing Of Her Mother, Thérèse
- Trump Admin's School Lunch Proposal Could Mean Less Fruit, More Pizza
- The Best Playards And Portable Baby Cribs To Buy For A Handsfree 2020
- Twitter Drags Man Who Publicly Shamed A Target Employee Over A Toothbrush
- The Official Trailer For Hillary Clinton's Documentary On Hulu Dropped
- Disney Is Reportedly Going After Etsy Shops Selling Unofficial Baby Yoda Merch
- The History of Periods
- This Mom And HR Professional Has Excellent Advice On Helping Kids Navigate Technology
- Give Up On A Flat Stomach, Folks - Let's Celebrate The VBO
- The Rock Posts Touching Tribute After Losing His Dad
- Betty White Is 98 Today So Here's The Best Betty White Swag
- Why I Refuse To Watch ‘The Biggest Loser' Reboot
- 16 Black Civil Rights Champions Beyond MLK
- Giving Your Kid A Sibling Isn't A Good Enough Reason To Have Another Child
- Why You Need To Say No To Piercing Guns
- Working Moms Often Feel Like We Don't Even Have Time To Breathe
- Our Family Is Really Struggling, But I Don't Know How To Tell Anyone
- A Fellow Mom Showed Me Love, And I Carry That With Me To This Day
- Lying Down To Sleep With Kids Isn't A ‘Bad Habit' - It's Bonding
- Why Scandinavian Babies Nap Outside In Cold Weather
The headlines of Master Doctor
Consumers urged to question online probiotic health-benefit claims
Researchers are calling for improvements to the quality of online probiotic information after a study finds websites using unreliable sources and health claims unsupported by...
JFK, SF and LAX airports to screen for Chinese coronavirus
Screenings for the coronavirus that's sickened 48 people in China, Thailand and Japan will start Friday for passengers arriving from Wuhan to JFK and to San Francisco and LAX...
101 Strength Quotes That'll Make You Feel Like You Can Conquer Anything
Exhibiting strength is not just about the physical. It's about your e motional and mental state, how you overcome your fears, and just how often you pick yourself up and try...
Deep ocean minerals and trace elements can help boost high-intensity running...
It turns out that there's still a lot more to the ocean than just being a source of food. A recent study suggests that it is also a potential source of natural health-improving...
Fish oil can boost sperm count and make men's testicles BIGGER, study claims
Scientists at the University of Southern Denmark tested the sperm of more than 1,600 men going through national service fitness testing and found those taking omega-3...
100 Poignant Quotes That'll Give You Some Much-Needed Perspective About Change
Change is an inevitable part of life , but that doesn't always mean it's easy to recognize or accept when it comes your way. Whether it's an evolving family dynamic, a big...
Seven Benefits Of Pelvic Floor Exercises
Despite being commonly known as a problem area for primarily women, the pelvic floor is a set of muscles in both males and females that can weaken over time. Which is not...
Inexpensive Drug May Down Treatment-resistance in Leukemia
Researchers after performing a study on mice, are planning to launch a clinical study to test the new combination treatment in blood cancer patients.
Scientists engineer dengue-resistant mosquitoes
Scientists at the University of California, San Diego, gave the insects human antibodies - attacker proteins from the immune system - which made them unable to spread dengue in...
Wearable Gas Sensor can Track Environmental and Human Health in Real-time
Newly designed wearable gas sensor can monitor environmental and human health. The sensor device is unique and highly sensitive from other wearable sensors, as it uses a...