We Need To Stop The ‘Love At First Sight' Myth When It Comes To Parenthood
I wanted to be a mom ever since I was a little girl and held my baby sister on my lap for the first time. Oh, her little fingers! Oh, her tiny toes! I was intoxicated by her whole delicious, precious self, and I knew I had found my calling. It was almost as if I spent the next 25 years counting down to the moment when I would become a mom and have a tiny, perfect baby of my own to love.
I have a confession to make, though. It's one that still hurts my heart when I think about it. When I did become a mother, I didn't love my baby, at least not at first. And not in the way I expected to. In fact, maybe it was all the expectations I had - the years of longing for the exact moment when I could meet and fall in love with my baby - that made it so difficult to absorb the actual feelings I was having when it finally happened.
My first son was born after a really beautiful, warm, loving, hippie homebirth. We had a birth pool set up in our living room, and he was born into the water after only a few hours of labor....
The last Posts from "Scary Mommy"
- No, I'm Not ‘Trying Too Hard' To Hold Onto My Youth
- I'm In My 30s And I'm Finally Ready To Come Out
- How To Cope With An Ex Who Has Narcissistic Personality Disorder
- 30+ Popular Slang Words And What They Mean So You Never Feel Basic Again
- Supreme Court Upholds Kentucky Abortion Law That Mandates Ultrasounds
- The Longest City Names In The World Will Have You Tripping Over Your Consonants
- 20+ Of The Saddest Movies On Netflix For When You Need To Feel All The Feels
- These Target Holiday Lights Have A Snow Globe Scene Inside Each Bulb
- What's In A Surname? The 100 Most Popular Last Names In The U.S. Tell Their Own Story
- Cardi B's New Vogue Cover Story Is A Testament To Being A Working Mom
- Hilary Duff Sums Up In One Pic Why We Love Our Kids Even When They're Annoying AF
- This Projector Brings A Dreamy Full Night Sky And Nebula Into Any Room
- The 12 Best Modern Bassinets for All You Chic AF Mamas Out There
- Lizzo Goes To Lakers Game In A Thong And People Are Literally Fighting About It
- Join The MerengueForMoms Movement, And Help End Diaper Need!
- My Second Child Was The One Who Broke Me
- Being A WAHM Is Not Always ‘The Best Of Both Worlds'
- I Went Viral For My Love Of Big Christmases, But I've Completely Changed My Tune
- PANDAS Symptoms Can Be Terrifying - But It's Important To Recognize Them
- ‘Pastor' Joel Osteen Blocks Mother Of Child Killed At Sandy Hook On Twitter
The headlines of Master Doctor
The same type of psychiatrists who profit from the mass drugging of children...
The fake news media is getting faker by the day, with a new absurd claim that President Trump's mental health is “deteriorating” due to the potentially “catastrophic outcomes”...
Dirty vaccines are proof that the RISKS outweigh the benefits - a look into...
Many people still believe today that Dr. Jonas Salk was the “God” of cult pharmacology because he invented the polio vaccine. But did he? In actuality, all he did was conduct...
Supreme Court Upholds Kentucky Abortion Law
A Kentucky law requiring doctors to perform ultrasounds and show fetal images to patients before abortions was upheld Monday by the U.S. Supreme Court.
More than 100 people have been sickened by E. coli after eating romaine lettuce
So far, 100 people have been sickened in 23 states and 58 people have been hospitalized in the current E. coli outbreak linked to romaine lettuce grown in Salinas, California...
White Castle recalls hundreds of boxes of frozen sliders over listeria fears
White Castle has issued a voluntary recall of five varieties of its frozen sliders after a third-party laboratory found listeria in a sample from one of the company's...
Serbian man born without testicles gets one transplanted from twin
In only the third documented such procedure, an international team of surgeons met in Belgrade, Serbia, to transplant a testicle from one twin to the other, restoring testosterone.
Air pollution slashes the survival chances for heart transplant patients...
Researchers from Case Western Reserve University in Ohio found those who lived in areas with high pollution levels were 26 per cent more likely to die within 4.8 years of the...
Moderate Drinking May Increase Cancer Risk
A new study from Japan found that compared to nondrinkers, people who had two drinks a day for 40 years had a 54% higher risk of cancer.
Deadly Breast Cancer Can Be Treated With Potential Therapy
Triple-negative breast cancer, the most dangerous variety of breast cancer, which has the least effective therapy options, can now be treated with an innovative therapy that...
Leukemia Patients Treated Effectively Using Combination Therapy Than...
Combination therapy is considered more effective potent than chemotherapy alone for many newly diagnosed leukemia patients. Combination therapy has the edge over the...