The Weirdest Question Someone Asked Me About My Daughter
“What's your baby mixed with?”
I barely heard the question as I was perusing the health bar aisle. So many different bars, all claiming to keep you full or make you good at sports or magically reduce your waistline.
“Hmm? Were you talking to me?” I looked up in the direction of the voice. There was a woman standing a few feet from me, pushing a cart with toothpaste, shampoo, and some frozen dinners. Typical grocery store stuff. Her badly bleached hair was in a messy bun with bangs falling out and her jeans and jean jacket ensemble was straight out of a Kacey Musgraves song. I'd put her around 45.
“What's your baby mixed with?”
This time I knew I had heard her properly. What a weird, and incredibly inappropriate, question. But, sadly, I was somewhat used to this, and I had my answer ready.
“Oh, I honestly don't know. Could be just about anything. Not sure who her father is.”
Cue the look. The confusion in the brow line. The judgment dawning in the eyes. The slightly upturned mouth as she determines that I'm a...
The last Posts from "Scary Mommy"
- Bernie Sanders Has A Plan To Cancel Entire 1.6 Trillion Student Loan Debt
- New Study Finds There's Literally Nothing Moms Don't Feel Guilty About
- Live Rat Falls From Ceiling And Lands On Customer's Table At Buffalo Wild Wings
- What Happened When My 4-Year-Old Cut Her Own Hair
- Doctor Compares Holding Centers For Migrant Kids To ‘Torture Facilities'
- 18,000 Pieces Of Ballon Waste Found In The Great Lakes
- CPS Made Our Family's Life Hell After My Son Died From SIDS
- I Can't Stop Saying This Phrase To My Kids Because Of My Anxiety
- Sniffing A Newborn's Head Is Like Taking Drugs
- Woman Falls Asleep During Flight And Wakes Up On A Dark, Empty Plane
- 5 Weeks Pregnant: You're Pregnant. Hooray!
- The Vaccine Bill Jessica Biel Lobbied Against Just Passed
- Boob Sweat Is No Longer A Thing Thanks To Our Favorite New Bra
- Online Knitting Community ‘Ravelry' Bans Posts Supporting Trump
- When Your Teen Messes Up Big Time
- As A Divorced Mom, This Is What Saves Me Every Day
- I'm Surrounded By People But I Feel Completely Alone
- 2-Year-Old Accidentally Shoots Himself With Gun From Grandma's Purse
- Video Shows Carrie Underwood's Baby Knows Who The Real MVP Parent Is
- Teigen Delivers Hilarious Burn To Troll Who Scolded Her For Painting Luna's Nails
The headlines of Master Doctor
New data identifies specific bacterial strain to boost athletic performance
A strain of Veillonella atypica isolated from marathon runners may boost endurance and running performance â for mice at least â according to a new study by scientists from...
Gut Microbiome-based Treatment found to Curb Food Allergies
Study finds altered gut microbiota in infants with food allergy; oral therapy to replenish bacteria prevented food allergy and suppressed established disease in mice.
Music Students Score High in Math, Science, English
High academic scores found among music students were more pronounced among those who take instrumental rather than vocal music.
Coffee Could Help Fight Obesity and Diabetes
Drinking a cup of coffee daily could improve the brown fat in the neck region which decreases the risk of diabetes and obesity.
How coffee could be the secret to fighting obesity
Scientists at the University of Nottingham used nine people to test their theory, which had already been successful in a lab. Coffee was found to increase activity in people's...
Oral Steroids Ups Infection Risk in Inflammatory Disease Patients
Oral steroids puts patients with inflammatory disease at high risk of infection, according to a new study.
Nutrition is the Missing Element in Home Health Today: Study
Educating home health patients on the benefits of proper nutritional care can help promote their strength and prevent them from going back to the hospital, which eventually...
Micronutrient Deficiencies Remain Common at Time of Celiac Disease...
Micronutrient deficiencies are a common symptom in adults diagnosed with celiac diseases, finds a new study.
Ocean Swimming Raises Vulnerability to Infection: Study
Swimming in the ocean water changes the skin microbiome and raises the risk of infection, including that of the ear and skin, finds a new study.
Push-Ups: How Hand Position Changes the Muscles You Work
Push-ups are one of the most popular bodyweight exercises and one that works multiple muscle groups simultaneously. While we characteristically think of push-ups as a triceps...