The Weirdest Question Someone Asked Me About My Daughter
“What's your baby mixed with?”
I barely heard the question as I was perusing the health bar aisle. So many different bars, all claiming to keep you full or make you good at sports or magically reduce your waistline.
“Hmm? Were you talking to me?” I looked up in the direction of the voice. There was a woman standing a few feet from me, pushing a cart with toothpaste, shampoo, and some frozen dinners. Typical grocery store stuff. Her badly bleached hair was in a messy bun with bangs falling out and her jeans and jean jacket ensemble was straight out of a Kacey Musgraves song. I'd put her around 45.
“What's your baby mixed with?”
This time I knew I had heard her properly. What a weird, and incredibly inappropriate, question. But, sadly, I was somewhat used to this, and I had my answer ready.
“Oh, I honestly don't know. Could be just about anything. Not sure who her father is.”
Cue the look. The confusion in the brow line. The judgment dawning in the eyes. The slightly upturned mouth as she determines that I'm a...
The last Posts from "Scary Mommy"
- Date Night Feels Impossible After Kids
- I Have Short Hair - And Yes, I Actually Do Care
- 18 Things You'll Need If You're Always Running Late
- People Are Obsessed With These Best-Selling Amazon Hair Products
- Flight Attendant Detained By ICE For 6 Weeks After Flying To Mexico For Work
- Michigan Won't Fund Adoption Agencies That Discriminate Against LGBTQ Parents
- New Zealanders Wear Headscarves To Show Solidarity After Christchurch Attacks
- Meteorologist Claps Back At Criticism Over Using Her Maiden Name
- Mom Of 5 Donates Uterus To Woman Who Experienced Years Of Infertility
- Why You Should Head To Birmingham For Your Next Family Vacation
- To The Friends Who Stick Around
- Why I'm Glad My Dad Left
- Viral Florida Man Google Challenge Has Us All Asking ‘WTF Florida?'
- Charlottesville Teen Arrested For Plot Targeting Hispanic And Black Students
- Here's The Period Accessory Your Teen Daughter Needs
- Teen Brings Home Interactive Baby For Class And It Goes About As Well As You'd Think
- Dear MIL, You Raised Your Kids - Now Please Let Me Raise Mine
- Why I Need To Ask You If Your Child Is Vaccinated
- Parkland Shooting Survivor Dies By Suicide After Struggling With PTSD
- Postpartum Moms Should TRY To Avoid Lugging Around Car Seats
The headlines of Master Doctor
CPAP Machine Promotes Weight Loss in Dieting Obese Adults With Sleep Apnea
People who have obstructive sleep apnea in addition to obesity can lose more weight if they treat their sleep disorder with an overnight CPAP, or continuous positive airway...
New Zealand ISP blocks all videos on Brighteon.com, even after NZ mosque...
If ever there was a gleaming example of how appeasement of Left-wing tyranny is never the answer, this one is. Earlier this week, Natural News founder and editor Mike Adams...
6 Moves, 3 Circuits: This 25-Minute No-Equipment Workout Will Leave You...
Home workouts are where it's at these days, because if you can get just as good of a workout minus the gym commute, the waiting for the equipment, the hunt to find floor space...
I Do an Ab Workout Almost Every Day, but It Has Nothing to Do With Belly Fat
Like so many other people, I started doing ab workouts with the innocent, uninformed hope that it would burn off my belly fat. I have since learned that ab workouts can burn...
Gait Speed and Dynamic Stability Decline Accelerates Only in Late Life: A...
Background and Purpose: Incidence of falls increases with age whereas gait speed declines. The purposes of this study were to examine (1) whether gait speed and center-of-mass...
'It gave me hope': Alzheimer's sufferer, 57, reveals heartbreak after...
Former New York Times reporter Phillip S Gutis, 57, was diagnosed with Alzheimer's in 2016, placing him in the slim category of the four percent diagnosed before the age of 65.
What Besides Opioids Can Help Post-C-Section Pain?
Pain after a C-section can be controlled effectively with ibuprofen and acetaminophen, researchers said. For those who do need opioids, a lower dose can work.
Barneys New York's New Cannabis Lifestyle Shop Puts the "High" in High End
Barneys New York is taking high-end shopping to the next level with its new cannabis lifestyle shop, The High End. The new luxury lifestyle and wellness concept shop, located...
Mailed Home Colon Cancer Tests Boost Screening
Researchers believe that mailing the screening kits directly to patients, which frames participation as the default, reduced steps in the process, and made it easier for...
Brain-cancer patients reveal the subtle 'symptoms' they ignored
A study of 39 brain-cancer sufferers by King's College London reveals just how slight the signs can be, with many dismissing their poor memory and lack of balance as part of...