Sled Racer Uses Her Dogs To Show How Absurd Body Judgment Is
Sled dogs as body-positive icons? Here for it
Remember Blair Braverman, the woman who races in the Iditarod and wrote hilarious, viral Twitter bios for all her dogs to introduce them to the world ahead of a big race? She's back at it on Twitter and has written another viral thread, this time using sled dogs to perfectly illustrate why body positivity is so dang important no matter what your body looks like or how it works.
“Y'all, having sled dogs has been so good for my body image. And not because mushing is a joy-filled, physical outdoor activity, although that's true. It's actually something much simpler than that,” she writes.
Y'all, having sled dogs has been so good for my body image. And not because mushing is a joy-filled, physical outdoor activity, although that's true. It's actually something much simpler than that. pic.twitter.com/PJDMtBF0Bv
- Blair Braverman July 13, 2019
“I grew up learning that all bodies are different. Okay, yeah, that's true. Whatever. All bodies are...
The last Posts from "Scary Mommy"
- To The Partners Who Stick With Us Through Anxiety
- Céline Dion Opened Up About The Passing Of Her Mother, Thérèse
- Trump Admin's School Lunch Proposal Could Mean Less Fruit, More Pizza
- The Best Playards And Portable Baby Cribs To Buy For A Handsfree 2020
- Twitter Drags Man Who Publicly Shamed A Target Employee Over A Toothbrush
- The Official Trailer For Hillary Clinton's Documentary On Hulu Dropped
- Disney Is Reportedly Going After Etsy Shops Selling Unofficial Baby Yoda Merch
- The History of Periods
- This Mom And HR Professional Has Excellent Advice On Helping Kids Navigate Technology
- Give Up On A Flat Stomach, Folks - Let's Celebrate The VBO
- The Rock Posts Touching Tribute After Losing His Dad
- Betty White Is 98 Today So Here's The Best Betty White Swag
- Why I Refuse To Watch ‘The Biggest Loser' Reboot
- 16 Black Civil Rights Champions Beyond MLK
- Giving Your Kid A Sibling Isn't A Good Enough Reason To Have Another Child
- Why You Need To Say No To Piercing Guns
- Working Moms Often Feel Like We Don't Even Have Time To Breathe
- Our Family Is Really Struggling, But I Don't Know How To Tell Anyone
- A Fellow Mom Showed Me Love, And I Carry That With Me To This Day
- Lying Down To Sleep With Kids Isn't A ‘Bad Habit' - It's Bonding
The headlines of Master Doctor
The risk of braces: Study finds dental correction doesn't always yield the...
Orthodontic treatments are anything but cheap, but many parents are convinced that scratching together the money for braces for their children will make all the difference to...
101 Sister And Brother Quotes To Share When You Want To Score Sibling Points
They can make you crazier, angrier, and more frustrated than anyone else in the world... but there's still no one who can replace your siblings. Brothers and sisters have a...
JFK, SF and LAX airports to screen for Chinese coronavirus
Screenings for the coronavirus that's sickened 48 people in China, Thailand and Japan will start Friday for passengers arriving from Wuhan to JFK and to San Francisco and LAX...
Deep ocean minerals and trace elements can help boost high-intensity running...
It turns out that there's still a lot more to the ocean than just being a source of food. A recent study suggests that it is also a potential source of natural health-improving...
Fish oil can boost sperm count and make men's testicles BIGGER, study claims
Scientists at the University of Southern Denmark tested the sperm of more than 1,600 men going through national service fitness testing and found those taking omega-3...
100 Quotes About Family To Remind You How Lucky You Are To Have Yours
For better or worse, family shapes you. And whatever shape or form they come in, they have a lot to do with the person you grow to become, and even how you raise your children...
Seven Benefits Of Pelvic Floor Exercises
Despite being commonly known as a problem area for primarily women, the pelvic floor is a set of muscles in both males and females that can weaken over time. Which is not...
Inexpensive Drug May Down Treatment-resistance in Leukemia
Researchers after performing a study on mice, are planning to launch a clinical study to test the new combination treatment in blood cancer patients.
Prepping Patients Mind and Body for Surgery Pays Off
New inexpensive program helps surgery patients get physically and mentally ready for their upcoming operation and may reduce overall costs, and get them home faster, reports a...
AI can Turn Low-quality Brain Scans into 'super-resolution' MRIs
Novel unprecedented method is capable of improving brain images obtained through magnetic resonance imaging using artificial intelligence .