New York City Will Pay Abortion Fees For Women From Other States
New York City is the first city in the country to directly fund abortions 2019 has been a terrifying year for women's rights , specifically the right to have a safe abortion. So far nine states have passed bills to either limit or completely ban, abortions this year. In response to this national health crisis, New York City has decided to pay for uninsured women's abortions, including individuals who travel to New York specifically to have an abortion.
“We heard the news on the abortion bans across the country,” City Councilwoman Carlina Rivera told The New York Times. “Many of us in New York felt helpless. We wanted to do more.”
The city has allocated $250,000 to non-profit New York Abortion Access Fund exclusively to pay for abortion procedures, which city officials say will allow about 500 women to terminate their pregnancies. NYAAF covered nearly 600 women's abortions in 2018, though this is the first year that the organization will receive funds from the city's budget, and this is the first...
The last Posts from "Scary Mommy"
- No, I'm Not ‘Trying Too Hard' To Hold Onto My Youth
- I'm In My 30s And I'm Finally Ready To Come Out
- How To Cope With An Ex Who Has Narcissistic Personality Disorder
- 30+ Popular Slang Words And What They Mean So You Never Feel Basic Again
- Supreme Court Upholds Kentucky Abortion Law That Mandates Ultrasounds
- The Longest City Names In The World Will Have You Tripping Over Your Consonants
- 20+ Of The Saddest Movies On Netflix For When You Need To Feel All The Feels
- These Target Holiday Lights Have A Snow Globe Scene Inside Each Bulb
- What's In A Surname? The 100 Most Popular Last Names In The U.S. Tell Their Own Story
- Cardi B's New Vogue Cover Story Is A Testament To Being A Working Mom
- Hilary Duff Sums Up In One Pic Why We Love Our Kids Even When They're Annoying AF
- This Projector Brings A Dreamy Full Night Sky And Nebula Into Any Room
- The 12 Best Modern Bassinets for All You Chic AF Mamas Out There
- Lizzo Goes To Lakers Game In A Thong And People Are Literally Fighting About It
- Join The MerengueForMoms Movement, And Help End Diaper Need!
- My Second Child Was The One Who Broke Me
- Being A WAHM Is Not Always ‘The Best Of Both Worlds'
- I Went Viral For My Love Of Big Christmases, But I've Completely Changed My Tune
- PANDAS Symptoms Can Be Terrifying - But It's Important To Recognize Them
- ‘Pastor' Joel Osteen Blocks Mother Of Child Killed At Sandy Hook On Twitter
The headlines of Master Doctor
The same type of psychiatrists who profit from the mass drugging of children...
The fake news media is getting faker by the day, with a new absurd claim that President Trump's mental health is “deteriorating” due to the potentially “catastrophic outcomes”...
Dirty vaccines are proof that the RISKS outweigh the benefits - a look into...
Many people still believe today that Dr. Jonas Salk was the “God” of cult pharmacology because he invented the polio vaccine. But did he? In actuality, all he did was conduct...
Supreme Court Upholds Kentucky Abortion Law
A Kentucky law requiring doctors to perform ultrasounds and show fetal images to patients before abortions was upheld Monday by the U.S. Supreme Court.
More than 100 people have been sickened by E. coli after eating romaine lettuce
So far, 100 people have been sickened in 23 states and 58 people have been hospitalized in the current E. coli outbreak linked to romaine lettuce grown in Salinas, California...
White Castle recalls hundreds of boxes of frozen sliders over listeria fears
White Castle has issued a voluntary recall of five varieties of its frozen sliders after a third-party laboratory found listeria in a sample from one of the company's...
Serbian man born without testicles gets one transplanted from twin
In only the third documented such procedure, an international team of surgeons met in Belgrade, Serbia, to transplant a testicle from one twin to the other, restoring testosterone.
Air pollution slashes the survival chances for heart transplant patients...
Researchers from Case Western Reserve University in Ohio found those who lived in areas with high pollution levels were 26 per cent more likely to die within 4.8 years of the...
Moderate Drinking May Increase Cancer Risk
A new study from Japan found that compared to nondrinkers, people who had two drinks a day for 40 years had a 54% higher risk of cancer.
Deadly Breast Cancer Can Be Treated With Potential Therapy
Triple-negative breast cancer, the most dangerous variety of breast cancer, which has the least effective therapy options, can now be treated with an innovative therapy that...
Leukemia Patients Treated Effectively Using Combination Therapy Than...
Combination therapy is considered more effective potent than chemotherapy alone for many newly diagnosed leukemia patients. Combination therapy has the edge over the...