New York City Will Pay Abortion Fees For Women From Other States
New York City is the first city in the country to directly fund abortions 2019 has been a terrifying year for women's rights , specifically the right to have a safe abortion. So far nine states have passed bills to either limit or completely ban, abortions this year. In response to this national health crisis, New York City has decided to pay for uninsured women's abortions, including individuals who travel to New York specifically to have an abortion.
“We heard the news on the abortion bans across the country,” City Councilwoman Carlina Rivera told The New York Times. “Many of us in New York felt helpless. We wanted to do more.”
The city has allocated $250,000 to non-profit New York Abortion Access Fund exclusively to pay for abortion procedures, which city officials say will allow about 500 women to terminate their pregnancies. NYAAF covered nearly 600 women's abortions in 2018, though this is the first year that the organization will receive funds from the city's budget, and this is the first...
The last Posts from "Scary Mommy"
- This Is The Pain Of Drifting Away From Your Longtime Bestie
- I Had A Social Hangover
- Some People Can't Handle This Viral Sound - And Some Can't Hear It At All
- Braxton Hicks Are The Liar Contractions No One Asked For
- Kohl's Now Has An Adaptive Clothing Line For Kids With Special Needs
- 31 Products Worth Grabbing From The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale
- Pregnancy Congestion: How To Survive A Stuffy Nose While Pregnant
- Oregon Students Are Now Allowed To Take Mental Health ‘Sick Days'
- Neighbors Form Human Chain To Protect Family From ICE Agents
- AOC Just Responded To The Police Officer Who Said She Should Be Shot
- Trump Wants To Cut Food Stamps For 3.1 Million People
- OMG, Disney Just Dropped A ‘Christmas In July' Ornament Collection
- This Fat-Shaming Line Of Dinnerware Can F*ck Right Off
- 20 Of The Newest Girl Names On The Popularity Charts
- Why Siblings Are The Best
- How Talk To Your Kids About ‘Tricky People'
- I Miss My Old Friend
- When Your Child Has Sensory Processing Disorder
- 10 Myths About Breastfeeding Past Toddlerhood
- To The Moms Silently Struggling Through Another Late Night
The headlines of Master Doctor
Mothers-to-be on Mediterranean diet 'are less likely to suffer gestational...
The risk of diabetes during pregnancy reduced by 35% in British women following a Mediterranean diet compared to a diet recommended by health officials.
Testosterone Therapy May Threaten the Heart
Those who took testosterone replacement therapy had a 21% higher risk of cardiovascular events such as heart attack, stroke or mini-stroke than those who did not take the...
Air pollution has lowered US life expectancy, study finds
A new study led by Imperial College London has found that emissions from tiny PM2.5 particles has lowered life expectancy in the US by 0.15 years for women and 0.13 years for men.
Oregon Students Are Now Allowed To Take Mental Health ‘Sick Days'
Mental health will finally be treated like physical health in Oregon schools this upcoming year Schools in Oregon will now treat mental health like any other physical ailment...
FDA commits to early fall update on CBD while it reaffirms enforcement stance
FDA said today it will have an update on a new regulatory structure for CBD by early fall. The announcement came via a press release on another warning issued to a CBD marketer...
'Inadequate info sources' add to elite athletes' sparse supplement...
Dietary supplementation appears to be widely used in sport with athletes relying on inadequate sources of information and may be largely unaware of sources to detect supplement...
US diplomats exposed to 'sonic attack' in Cuba DID suffer brain damage, new...
Analyzing the brain scans of 40 diplomats, the team at Penn State identified differences in the grey matter compared to healthy individuals, leading them to believe something...
New public school "history" book teaches students that President Trump is...
The government indoctrination racket known as the public school system recently became a little more “progressive” with the addition of a new “American History” textbook...
Coping with a Loved One's Depression
Dealing with a loved one who is struggling with depression can be a maze of emotion. As someone who truly cares, you want to be there for your loved one and help them manage...
Teenagers who skip breakfast are more likely to get fat 'because they opt...
Missing a wholesome meal leads to a higher BMI and waist circumference, researchers in Brazil revealed. They said teens are likely to pick up junk food on the way to school.