My Wife's Expectations Are Too High - But That's A Good Thing
When Mel and I first met, I was 21 and working full time at a hardware store. I told her that I wanted to go to college, but I didn't know how to type. I'd also never read a novel, and I'd been out of high school for years, so I honestly didn't know where to start. In fact, I'd never really wanted to go to college until we met. But there was something about her that made me want to be more. I've heard other men talk about this, and it isn't easy to put words too. I felt like she was so smart and wonderful and thoughtful that the only way I could match all of that was to become something more.
When I confided in Mel about my desire to go to college, and all the things that were in the way, I assumed she'd see me as some sad pathetic go-nowhere-chump , but she didn't run away. Instead, all she said was “Don't worry. I'll help you.”
During that first semester, I hand wrote all my papers. My handwriting and spelling were so poor that she couldn't read them, so I'd sit next to...
The last Posts from "Scary Mommy"
- Céline Dion Opened Up About The Passing Of Her Mother, Thérèse
- Trump Admin's School Lunch Proposal Could Mean Less Fruit, More Pizza
- The Best Playards And Portable Baby Cribs To Buy For A Handsfree 2020
- Twitter Drags Man Who Publicly Shamed A Target Employee Over A Toothbrush
- The Official Trailer For Hillary Clinton's Documentary On Hulu Dropped
- Disney Is Reportedly Going After Etsy Shops Selling Unofficial Baby Yoda Merch
- The History of Periods
- This Mom And HR Professional Has Excellent Advice On Helping Kids Navigate Technology
- Give Up On A Flat Stomach, Folks - Let's Celebrate The VBO
- The Rock Posts Touching Tribute After Losing His Dad
- Betty White Is 98 Today So Here's The Best Betty White Swag
- Why I Refuse To Watch ‘The Biggest Loser' Reboot
- 16 Black Civil Rights Champions Beyond MLK
- Giving Your Kid A Sibling Isn't A Good Enough Reason To Have Another Child
- Why You Need To Say No To Piercing Guns
- Working Moms Often Feel Like We Don't Even Have Time To Breathe
- Our Family Is Really Struggling, But I Don't Know How To Tell Anyone
- A Fellow Mom Showed Me Love, And I Carry That With Me To This Day
- Lying Down To Sleep With Kids Isn't A ‘Bad Habit' - It's Bonding
- Why Scandinavian Babies Nap Outside In Cold Weather
The headlines of Master Doctor
Consumers urged to question online probiotic health-benefit claims
Researchers are calling for improvements to the quality of online probiotic information after a study finds websites using unreliable sources and health claims unsupported by...
101 Sister And Brother Quotes To Share When You Want To Score Sibling Points
They can make you crazier, angrier, and more frustrated than anyone else in the world... but there's still no one who can replace your siblings. Brothers and sisters have a...
JFK, SF and LAX airports to screen for Chinese coronavirus
Screenings for the coronavirus that's sickened 48 people in China, Thailand and Japan will start Friday for passengers arriving from Wuhan to JFK and to San Francisco and LAX...
Deep ocean minerals and trace elements can help boost high-intensity running...
It turns out that there's still a lot more to the ocean than just being a source of food. A recent study suggests that it is also a potential source of natural health-improving...
100 Quotes About Family To Remind You How Lucky You Are To Have Yours
For better or worse, family shapes you. And whatever shape or form they come in, they have a lot to do with the person you grow to become, and even how you raise your children...
Seven Benefits Of Pelvic Floor Exercises
Despite being commonly known as a problem area for primarily women, the pelvic floor is a set of muscles in both males and females that can weaken over time. Which is not...
Inexpensive Drug May Down Treatment-resistance in Leukemia
Researchers after performing a study on mice, are planning to launch a clinical study to test the new combination treatment in blood cancer patients.
Blood Test can Predict Onset of Tuberculosis: Study
Scientists at UCL have shown a blood test could predict the onset of tuberculosis three to six months before people become unwell, a finding which could help better target...
Scientists engineer dengue-resistant mosquitoes
Scientists at the University of California, San Diego, gave the insects human antibodies - attacker proteins from the immune system - which made them unable to spread dengue in...
Wearable Gas Sensor can Track Environmental and Human Health in Real-time
Newly designed wearable gas sensor can monitor environmental and human health. The sensor device is unique and highly sensitive from other wearable sensors, as it uses a...