High School Transforms Hallways With Giant Book Murals
Students were surprised with the murals when they returned from break
Students at a high school in Illinois got quite the surprise when they returned from winter break - the entire English department hallway was decorated with giant, literary-themed murals.
And they're simply incredible.
Mundelein High School's English department hallway was given a major face lift over the holidays when the school commissioned six floor-to-ceiling murals outside the classrooms of teachers Ryan Buck, Mike Dayton, and Mark Landuyt.
The murals were printed on adhesive vinyl sheets and represent the favorite books of each of the departments' English teachers.
Image via Facebook/Mundelein High School
Buck's classroom door is now donned with “All American Boys” by Jason Reynolds and Brendan Kiely and “Born to Run” by Christopher McDougall. “These are two books that I would choose as my favorites,” Buck, who spearheaded the mural project, tells the Daily Herald. “But they're also books that students really enjoy.”
The last Posts from "Scary Mommy"
- My Spouse And I Are Separated But We Still Live Together
- What It's Like To Be Friends With A Narcissist
- 22 Things You'll Want If You Like Cats More Than Humans
- If Moms When To The Fyre Festival
- If Moms Did Rage Yoga
- There's A Jon Bon Jovi Cruise And Excuse Us While We Sprint On Board
- Your Own Childhood Can Stop You From Feeling Joy In Motherhood
- Jameela Jamil Points Out What's REALLY Behind All That Celebrity Beauty
- Hell Yes: Drinking Coffee And Alcohol Every Day May Help You Live Longer
- I'm Obsessed With Unicorns, So BRB Buying Everything
- I Love Living In A Neighborhood With Tons Of Kids
- Why Toy Sharing Programs Could Be The Next Big Thing
- This Cup Is Going To Make Life With Your Toddler So Much Easier
- Sandy Hook Father Dies By Apparent Suicide
- All These Years Later, Grief Still Catches Me By Surprise Sometimes
- Viral Thread About ‘Airplane Creeps' Proves Women Aren't Safe From Harassment Anywhere
- Jameela Jamil Is Uniting Women On Twitter Over Unwanted Advances From Men
- This Ode To The ‘Hot Mess Mom' Will Make You Feel So Seen
- 3 Reasons I Might Cancel Plans
- Why My Ex-Husband Had An Affair
The headlines of Master Doctor
Bacteria can Travel Thousands of Miles Globally Through the Air
Bacteria may travel thousands of miles through the air worldwide instead of hitching rides with people and animals, reveals a study.
Weight Loss Drug Phentermine may be Safe and Effective for Long-term...
Phentermine, an inexpensive weight loss drug approved for only short term use also may be safe and effective for long term treatment, stated new research.
New CRISPR-powered Device Can Detect Genetic Mutations in Minutes
New CRISPR-powered device can help identify genetic mutations in a matter of minutes. Therefore, the new hand-held device could be used to rapidly diagnose genetic diseases or...
Parasitic Worms Could Cause Cancers and also Help Cure Them
Worms cause cancers to billions of people around the world and could also help treat the cancer, finds new research.
Two-month-old baby sleep and feeding schedule
Your baby is two whole months old-wow! How's that sleep situation coming along? It might sound counterintuitive, but it could be helpful not to think about how much sleep your...
E-books are Ruining Children's Storytime
Storytime with e-books is not as helpful as traditional print books. A new study finds that parents and children talk and interact less with electronic books compared to print...
Potential New Therapy for Liver Diseases Discovered
The drug sivelestat may effectively lower portal hypertension, improving symptoms and outcomes for those patients. Portal hypertension is associated with cirrhosis and other...
Cannabis-related ER visits TRIPLED in Colorado after legalization
A new study from the University of Colorado School of Medicine has found that, at one hospital, 3,300 ER visits were related to marijuana in 2012 and spiked to nearly 10,000 in...
Spending too much time sitting down kills 50,000 Brits each year
Figures on sedentary behaviour were taken from the Health Survey for England 2012, which reported that 30 per cent of adults in England spent at least six hours/day sedentary...
Measles cases soar above 300 in nationwide outbreak fueled by anti-vaxxers...
The CDC says 314 confirmed cases of measles have been reported in 15 states since January 1. Most cases have been reported in children under age 10 who are not vaccinated