Gillette's New Ad On Toxic Masculinity Is Breathtaking - And Necessary
Gillette is challenging men to shave their toxic masculinity in their must-see new ad
The MeToo movement has opened a lot of conversations about the way men treat women. We know it's up to men to change their behavior, but women have been saying that for generations. We need men to hold other men accountable. Enter Gillette's powerful new ad that asks them to do exactly that.
The men's toiletry brand has had this tagline for the last 30 years: “The Best A Man Can Get.” Now, they just released an ad with a new take on that: “The Best A Man Can Get” is stopping other men, including the next generation, from harassing and mistreating women, but also from bullying each other and engaging in acts of toxic masculinity .
Here, just watch it, and try not to get chills.
The ad, targeted at men and called “We Believe,” begins with audio of news about the MeToo movement. A narrator then takes on the common phrase, “boys will be boys,” asking, “It this the best a man can get? Is it? We can't hide from it. It has gone...
The last Posts from "Scary Mommy"
- Teens Are Rapidly Losing Trust In Both Police And The Justice System
- Science Says We Should Let Older Kids Nap - Yes, During School
- Unique Names Aren't A Curse: Just Ask Dr. Marijuana Pepsi Vandyck
- Dax And Kristen's Daughter Had The Best Reaction To Finding Out Her Parents Are Famous
- Watch These Parents Brawl At A Youth Baseball Game And Lose All Faith In Humanity
- 10 Things I Used To Think Were Caused By Bad Parenting
- Mother-In-Law Wears Bridal Gown To Her Son's Wedding And Twitter Melts Down
- Why Everyone Needs To Watch And Keep Talking About ‘When They See Us'
- There Are Summer Camps Refusing Admission To Unvaccinated Kids
- Pelvic Floor Injury Means Even Moms Need ‘Potty-Training'
- As Much As It Broke My Heart, I Needed To Quit Breastfeeding
- I Don't Like The Parent I Am At The End Of The Day
- Ashton And Mila Respond To Tabloid Breakup Rumors In The BEST Way Possible
- ‘Trolls' Is Officially Getting A Sequel, So Get Ready To Rock
- This Is What Makes A Mother-In-Law So Amazing
- ‘Kids These Days' Are Safer and Better Behaved Than We Were
- How To Be A Good Friend To A Family Impacted By Autism
- Jennifer Lawrence Texting Amy Schumer Is All Of Our Childless Friends Not Accepting We Have Babies
- Annoying Things People Say To New Moms
- The Best Back-To-School Hacks For Moms Who Want To Keep Their Sanity
The headlines of Master Doctor
Children with birth defects have up to 12 times higher cancer risks
Children born with defects of known genetic origins are at a 12-fold higher risk of cancer, and those with defects of unknown origins are at a 2.5-fold increased risk of...
Long Workdays Could Raise Your Stroke Risk
The researchers found a strong association between working long hours and stroke risk, for men and women alike. The link seemed stronger for people under the age of 50.
UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh Ranks 8 in Best Children's Hospitals...
UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh has been ranked 8 among the best hospitals in the nation. Learn more. Nearly 200 children's hospitals from across the United States were...
Science Says We Should Let Older Kids Nap - Yes, During School
Naps aren't just beneficial for babies, it turns out big kids benefit big time too Ah, naps. The greatest gift in parenthood - for those that are lucky enough to have kids who...
Prevent diabetes with plant-based diets: It's not just cutting sugar and...
A healthy diet full of nutritious foods can help prevent different diseases and improve your overall well-being. And according to a recent study, following a plant-based diet...
This Is the $4 Trader Joe's Product You Need to Prevent Bloating
When I'm shopping at my local Trader Joe's , I always let out a little squeal of joy when I see a new vegan product. I'm obsessed with Trader Joe's for all my dairy-free needs...
US suicide rates have soared 33% in less than 10 years
The greatest number of suicides still occur among white men, but since 1999, dramatic increases have been seen among women and Native Americans, according to the latest data...
Could plastic bags be upcycled into parts for lithium-ion batteries?
Indiana-based researchers found a way to upcycle disposable plastic bags into raw material for making valuable products. Their process turned polyethylene plastic into carbon...
Eating eggs several times a week can be good for people with diabetes - study
Harvard researchers weighed in on the question of whether or not the consumption of eggs makes it more likely for a person to develop Type 2 diabetes. They reported that eating...
Blood test that detects ovarian cancer could save thousands of women from...
Researchers from Uppsala University, Sweden, claim that for every one ovarian cancer case that is detected, five women are operated on, putting them at risk of pain, infection...