CTA's Pregnancy Button Is Genius And Can We Get These Everywhere, Please
Raise your hand if you ran out of a restaurant to puke in the parking lot when you were newly pregnant and everyone probably just thought you were drunk at 6 p.m. on a Wednesday? Anyone? Just me? Cool.
Or you flew across the country at 14 weeks preggo to join your husband on a business trip, but you were green and sweaty the whole flight and had to ask someone to help you with your bag?
Or you waddled through Home Depot to pick out paint samples, and when you swung your gigantor belly around the wide-eyed male employee said “WHOA!” and backed away in horror?
Yes, these and so many other scenarios happened to me throughout my three pregnancies, and that's why Chicago Transit Authority's new initiative -a “pregnancy” button for expecting women to wear on public transportation-is, in my opinion, a fantastic idea.
However, I have questions.
How do women get the button? Will they have to pay for it? What will it look like? What will it say? (A simple “ Pregnant”? or a more blunt “ Move...
The last Posts from "Scary Mommy"
- Céline Dion Opened Up About The Passing Of Her Mother, Thérèse
- Trump Admin's School Lunch Proposal Could Mean Less Fruit, More Pizza
- The Best Playards And Portable Baby Cribs To Buy For A Handsfree 2020
- Twitter Drags Man Who Publicly Shamed A Target Employee Over A Toothbrush
- The Official Trailer For Hillary Clinton's Documentary On Hulu Dropped
- Disney Is Reportedly Going After Etsy Shops Selling Unofficial Baby Yoda Merch
- The History of Periods
- This Mom And HR Professional Has Excellent Advice On Helping Kids Navigate Technology
- Give Up On A Flat Stomach, Folks - Let's Celebrate The VBO
- The Rock Posts Touching Tribute After Losing His Dad
- Betty White Is 98 Today So Here's The Best Betty White Swag
- Why I Refuse To Watch ‘The Biggest Loser' Reboot
- 16 Black Civil Rights Champions Beyond MLK
- Giving Your Kid A Sibling Isn't A Good Enough Reason To Have Another Child
- Why You Need To Say No To Piercing Guns
- Working Moms Often Feel Like We Don't Even Have Time To Breathe
- Our Family Is Really Struggling, But I Don't Know How To Tell Anyone
- A Fellow Mom Showed Me Love, And I Carry That With Me To This Day
- Lying Down To Sleep With Kids Isn't A ‘Bad Habit' - It's Bonding
- Why Scandinavian Babies Nap Outside In Cold Weather
The headlines of Master Doctor
The risk of braces: Study finds dental correction doesn't always yield the...
Orthodontic treatments are anything but cheap, but many parents are convinced that scratching together the money for braces for their children will make all the difference to...
Working Moms Often Feel Like We Don't Even Have Time To Breathe
Here's the devil talking: “I'll just check email briefly to make sure everything is good.” Yep, that's a voice I often hear in the morning. And it's a common voice for many of...
JFK, SF and LAX airports to screen for Chinese coronavirus
Screenings for the coronavirus that's sickened 48 people in China, Thailand and Japan will start Friday for passengers arriving from Wuhan to JFK and to San Francisco and LAX...
Deep ocean minerals and trace elements can help boost high-intensity running...
It turns out that there's still a lot more to the ocean than just being a source of food. A recent study suggests that it is also a potential source of natural health-improving...
100 Quotes About Family To Remind You How Lucky You Are To Have Yours
For better or worse, family shapes you. And whatever shape or form they come in, they have a lot to do with the person you grow to become, and even how you raise your children...
Seven Benefits Of Pelvic Floor Exercises
Despite being commonly known as a problem area for primarily women, the pelvic floor is a set of muscles in both males and females that can weaken over time. Which is not...
Inexpensive Drug May Down Treatment-resistance in Leukemia
Researchers after performing a study on mice, are planning to launch a clinical study to test the new combination treatment in blood cancer patients.
Blood Test can Predict Onset of Tuberculosis: Study
Scientists at UCL have shown a blood test could predict the onset of tuberculosis three to six months before people become unwell, a finding which could help better target...
Wearable Gas Sensor can Track Environmental and Human Health in Real-time
Newly designed wearable gas sensor can monitor environmental and human health. The sensor device is unique and highly sensitive from other wearable sensors, as it uses a...
Engineered Mosquitoes Cannot be Infected With or Transmit Any Dengue Virus...
Genetically engineered mosquitoes were found to be resistant to multiple types of dengue virus , said researchers.