'We Prepaid for Everything We Get': What We Heard This Week
Posted On: Jan 11, 2019 | Posted By: MedPageToday
Quotable quotes from MedPage Today's sourcesContinue reading ...
The last Posts from "MedPageToday"
- HIV in African Women Not Tied To Birth Control Type
- WHO: Be 'Aware' of Antibiotic Use on a National Scale
- Cloud Hangs Over Venetoclax in Myeloma
- Biopsy Combo Boosts Prostate Cancer Detection
- No Verdict on Glasses for Farsighted Kids
- Ibrutinib or FCR for First-Line CLL: Why Not Both?
- Progress Elusive for Post-TAVR Stroke Rate
- You Say 'Network Matching,' I Say 'Arbitration'
- How Bad Is Cannabis in Pregnancy?
- 5 Lessons This Physician Learned From Swing Dancing
- Low-Risk TAVR: Listen to the Echo Parameters
- Victoza OK'd for Kids 10 and Up With T2D
- Inpatient Opioids Influence At-Home Use
- Alzheimer's Disease and Sleep Patterns
- Youth Sexting Tied to Sexual Behavior, Mental Health Risks
- Another Tricuspid Repair System Shows Promise
- Docs, Talk to Patients About Costs; How To Reduce Harm From Medical Errors
- Group Calls on Hopkins to Stop Harassing Poor Patients for $$
- High Risk of CV Events With PIs for Myeloma
- PTAC Backs Model Aimed at Better Living for Seniors
The headlines of Master Doctor
Children with birth defects have up to 12 times higher cancer risks
Children born with defects of known genetic origins are at a 12-fold higher risk of cancer, and those with defects of unknown origins are at a 2.5-fold increased risk of...
Long Workdays Could Raise Your Stroke Risk
The researchers found a strong association between working long hours and stroke risk, for men and women alike. The link seemed stronger for people under the age of 50.
UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh Ranks 8 in Best Children's Hospitals...
UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh has been ranked 8 among the best hospitals in the nation. Learn more. Nearly 200 children's hospitals from across the United States were...
Science Says We Should Let Older Kids Nap - Yes, During School
Naps aren't just beneficial for babies, it turns out big kids benefit big time too Ah, naps. The greatest gift in parenthood - for those that are lucky enough to have kids who...
Prevent diabetes with plant-based diets: It's not just cutting sugar and...
A healthy diet full of nutritious foods can help prevent different diseases and improve your overall well-being. And according to a recent study, following a plant-based diet...
This Is the $4 Trader Joe's Product You Need to Prevent Bloating
When I'm shopping at my local Trader Joe's , I always let out a little squeal of joy when I see a new vegan product. I'm obsessed with Trader Joe's for all my dairy-free needs...
US suicide rates have soared 33% in less than 10 years
The greatest number of suicides still occur among white men, but since 1999, dramatic increases have been seen among women and Native Americans, according to the latest data...
Could plastic bags be upcycled into parts for lithium-ion batteries?
Indiana-based researchers found a way to upcycle disposable plastic bags into raw material for making valuable products. Their process turned polyethylene plastic into carbon...
Eating eggs several times a week can be good for people with diabetes - study
Harvard researchers weighed in on the question of whether or not the consumption of eggs makes it more likely for a person to develop Type 2 diabetes. They reported that eating...
Blood test that detects ovarian cancer could save thousands of women from...
Researchers from Uppsala University, Sweden, claim that for every one ovarian cancer case that is detected, five women are operated on, putting them at risk of pain, infection...