This Infant Disease Was Eradicated. Now It's Back. Why?
Posted On: Jul 20, 2018 | Posted By: MedPageToday
Some parents are refusing routine vitamin K shots for their newborns, as F. Perry Wilson, MD, explainsContinue reading ...
The last Posts from "MedPageToday"
- Continued Smoking Adds $3.4 Billion Annual Price Tag to Cancer Care
- HeartMate 3 Pump Study 'Changing Practice Right Now'
- Cystic Fibrosis-Associated Liver Disease Burden Rises Slowly in U.K
- Vitiligo, Alopecia Merely Cosmetic? Think Again
- Wanted: New Strategies for Antibiotic-Resistant H. pylori
- Fertility 'Pioneer' Fathered 49; Opioid-Sex Swap? Doc's Role in N.Y. Sex Cult
- HHS Touts Study Aimed at Slashing Opioid Deaths
- Why Is It So Hard to Downgrade From ICD to Pacemaker?
- ASCO/ASH Offer Guidance on Anti-Anemia Drugs
- Gene Therapy Cures 'Bubble-Boy Disease'
- NIAID Director: Measles Not a 'Trivial Disease'
- HLA-C Status May Not Rule Out Stelara Tx in Psoriasis
- Cognitive Therapy by Phone or in Groups OK as Depression Tx
- Review Target Gaps in HCC Surveillance
- Wake Up and Smell the Sleep Myths
- Niacin: Time to Revisit That FDA Indication
- Stop Screening for Prostate Cancer in Older Men?
- When 'Take Medicine With Food' is a Problem - But Not the Way You'd Think
- Adjuvant Capecitabine New Standard for Biliary Tract Cancer
- The Cardiac Amyloidosis Screen You Might Not Realize You're Doing
The headlines of Master Doctor
Exercise is still the best way to lower blood pressure, study shows
Exercise is good for the heart, and even cardiologists agree. So it is not surprising that researchers want to find out the extent of its usefulness, especially where problems...
Elmo Taught Cersei And Tyrion A Little Something About Respect
Cersei and Tyrion got a very important lesson about getting along and respect courtesy of Sesame Street What's the one thing that could maybe, possibly broker peace between...
Eating apples and pears can reduce your risk of Type 2 diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is on the rise, but this chronic disease can be prevented with the help of dietary and lifestyle changes. A study published in the journal Food & Function...
Three Brooklyn parents who refuse to vaccinate their kids are summoned to court
The parents all live within the four Brooklyn ZIP codes that have been ordered in a 'state of emergency' to vaccinate everyone - children and adults - against measles to...
MORE blood pressure pills recalled over carcinogen fears
Last summer it emerged drugs made in China and India, and dispatched across the world were contaminated with carcinogens NMBA, NMDA, and NDEA.
Microbes in Diabetic Foot Ulcers Can Help Predict Treatment Success
Chronic wounds such as a diabetic foot ulcer heal or progresses to a worse outcome, including infection or even amputation, depending on the microbial communities within that...
Alerting Patients to Their Risk of Gum Disease Improves Inflammation and...
Signs of gum disease reduced in patients who adopted a simple psychological intervention, aided by the use of an online risk assessment tool.
Mechanism of Persistent Infection Caused by Hepatitis B Virus Identified
HBeAg induced expansion of Myeloid-derived suppressor cells through the upregulation of indoleamine-2, 3-dioxygenase plays a critical role in causing persistent hepatitis.
New Medicines for Obesity Basing on Genetic Variants
MC4R gene that codes for the melanocortin receptor act like a switch in the brain to suppress appetite. People who have genetic variants that disrupt this receptor gain weight...
EXONERATED: No collusion, no obstruction. Trump cleared in bombshell Mueller...
The media narrative has collapsed. The Trump / Russia collusion hoax has been exposed. The full report from Robert Mueller completely clears President Trump of both collusion...