Pearls From: Elizabeth Howell, MD
Posted On: May 24, 2018 | Posted By: MedPageToday
'We're not doing very well' for perinatal maternal healthContinue reading ...
The last Posts from "MedPageToday"
- No Greater Amputation Risk with Canagliflozin in T2D Patients
- GLP-1 Drug Boosts T1D Control
- Sotagliflozin Tx Tied to HbA1c Reductions in T1D
- Novel Double Agent Promising for Weight Loss in T2D
- ER Staffing Split Along Urban-Rural Divide
- Basal Insulin Doesn't Cut Hypoglycemia Risk Vs NPH in T2D
- Bariatric Patients May Need Microbiome Boost
- Dual-Hormone Artificial Pancreas Ups T1D Glucose Control
- Clinical Challenges: Test Your Knowledge of Chronic ITP
- Reflex Syncope: What You Need to Know
- 180-Day Implantable CGM Deemed Safe in T1D Patients
- 10 Questions to Challenge Your Medical News Savvy
- Closed-Loop T1D Systems Show Promise
- Severity of Mom's Diabetes May Up Autism Risk in Their Kids
- Opioids and OD; Test for Diabetes: It's PodMed Double T!
- D.C. Week: Gov't Loosens Rules on Association Health Plans
- Handling Rheum Side Effects of New Cancer Drugs
- 'Death Is Sudden': What We Heard This Week
- ADA Speakers Decry Gender Gap in Academic Medicine
- Ob/Gyn Board Seeks New Family Planning Subspecialty
The headlines of Master Doctor
The most hilarious memes mocking TIME's fake news "screaming migrant girl...
By now, everybody knows that TIME Magazine's “screaming migrant girl” cover photo is yet another blatant media hoax. The girl, who was falsely described by virtually the entire...
Huntington's Disease: New Insights into What Causes the Disease
An otherwise unknown error has been found to occur in transport of glutamine between astrocytes and neurons in the brain of Huntington's disease subjects finds a new study...
Ohio Health Department declares hepatitis A outbreak
The Ohio Department of Health declared a statewide community outbreak of hepatitis A on Friday evening.
Memory Jolt: Can a Workout Instantly Improve Your Memory?
A workout gets your blood pumping and gets your “engines” running so you can tackle the rest of your day. That's why morning exercise works for many people. Plus, exercise has...
Is the Afterburn Effect You Get after a Strength Workout Overrated?
Who doesn't love burning extra calories and having that uptick in calorie burn continue after a workout is over? Past research shows that vigorous workouts that tap into...
Can the Practice of Yoga Slow Brain Aging?
Exercise is the ultimate anti-aging medicine. Studies show that exercise slows the loss of muscle mass that goes along with aging and helps us stay strong and functional as the...
5 Ways to Stay Healthy This Summer
Summer has arrived, and the sun shines brighter and the days are longer. Who doesn't welcome that? The abundance of sunlight lifts our mood and we want to be our healthiest to...
Are Beverages that Contain Sugar Less Hydrating?
What's your go-to hydration beverage? Hopefully, it's water or some other drink without tons of added sugar. With the scorching summer heat making life harder, especially if...
3 Reasons the Scale Says You're Heavier that Have Nothing to Do with Body Fat
Do you weigh most days of the week? There are benefits to doing so. Studies show that people who weigh on a daily basis are less likely to be surprised by “sneaky” weight gain...
Sierra Club says you're RACIST if you don't agree with "climate change...
Climate change alarmists can't really fight against science, so they've stooped to some old-fashioned name-calling instead. Now, if you don't believe the climate change...