Lower BP Targets: It's Not All Up to Physicians
Posted On: Nov 22, 2017 | Posted By: MedPageToday
Nurse practitioner Lynne Braun talks about non-physician roles in new guidelineContinue reading ...
The last Posts from "MedPageToday"
- Morning Break: Cyberattacks Common; Smallpox Drug; Wimpy Men
- The Invention of Prevention
- Marked Disability Present Early in SSc
- Combo Tx Promising in Kids with Multi-Food Allergies
- Early Hypotension After Cardiac Arrest Signals Risk in Children
- Personalized Glucose Control Could Save Money
- FDA Issues Guidance on Drug Name Placement in Ads
- How CVS-Aetna Will Change Healthcare: HealthLeaders Media
- ASH: CAR T-Cell Tx Offers Durable Response in Pre-Treated MM
- More States Hatch Plans to Recycle Drugs Being Wasted in Nursing Homes
- FDA Says 'Yes' to Short-Acting Insulin Admelog
- Pearls from: Andrea Dunaif, MD
- Enzalutamide Safe In Seizure-Prone Prostate CA Patients
- Hiding in Plain Sight: A Means of Population Health Improvement
- CAR T-Cell Therapy Scores Again in DLBCL
- Study: New Furosemide Formulation Simplifies Administration for HF
- Xarelto for CAD/PAD? LVAD Cord Out the Head; HDL Drug Moves Forward
- Are You an Opioid Expert? Here's a Quiz to Challenge You
- Phillip Sharp Pays it Forward
- Would New Moms Breastfeed Their Babies For $50?
The headlines of Master Doctor
Asthma Medication With Oral Immunotherapy can Help Children Fight Food Allergies
Administering antibody medication along with tiny amounts of food that a person is allergic to, desensitizes them faster to the different food allergens.
Physical Activity can Improve Lymphoma Patient's Chances of Survival
Lymphoma patient's chances of survival can be improved by good physical activity and thereby physicians have to counsel patients to increase their physical patients.
Workout On the Treadmill Thrice a Week To Deal With Parkinson's Disease
The muscle stiffness, disability, loss of gait can be slowed down by exercising on the treadmill thrice a week in those with early-stage Parkinson's disease.
Yeast-based Protein Therapies can Treat Cancer
The complex metabolism of yeast cells has been brought into light after years. Yeast produces more of yeast-based protein therapies to treat cancer.
Why Peppa Pig's GP is a bad example for real patients
Dr Catherine Bell said the series is encouraging patients to use surgeries inappropriately because character, Dr Brown Bear, pictured, is often seen prescribing medicines for...
New Treatment for Merkel Cell Carcinoma Improves Quality Of Life
Health-related quality of life in patients with Merkel cell carcinoma can be improved when treated with the anti-PD-L1 immunotherapy avelumab.
Innovative Photothermal Techniques can Cause Direct Damage to Tumors
Nanorods made of bismuth sulfide can now help destroy tumors by heat. This method could be an effective new treatment option for treating cancer
Fasting diets may boost brain power
Researchers from the National Institute on Aging found that mice on intermittent fasting regimens grew more new brain cells, improving learning, memory and cognition.
The NS Holiday Gift Guide for the Foodie
December is flying by, and that means the holidays are fast approaching. The NS Holiday Gift Guides continue today with unique gifts for the foodie in your life, or that could...
Crush All Your Fitness Goals With These 50 Must-Know Workout Tips
Whether you're building up to a 5K , you want to grow your back muscles, or you want to get better at doing push-ups , these 50 tips will help you slay your fitness...