Drug Prices, Maternal Deaths Among Topics at AMA Meeting
Posted On: Nov 22, 2017 | Posted By: MedPageToday
Delegates also approved resolutions on scope of practice, marijuana legalizationContinue reading ...
The last Posts from "MedPageToday"
- IMedicalApps: Top Picks for Android and iOS
- Quality Knows No Bounds
- Removing the C-Word From Low-Risk Diseases
- Understanding Bullies vs. Bullying Behaviors
- 'Enough Is Enough': What We Heard This Week
- Move to Integrate Behavioral Health Sees Progress
- Hypnosis Fails to Alleviate Pain After Breast Ca Surgery
- Magnetic Stimulation OK'd for OCD
- Anti-Reflux Surgery Slows Idiopathic Lung Fibrosis
- Biomarkers Needed in Parkinson's Research
- A Tale of Two Patients
- Thyroid Tablet Recall; HbA1c for Predicting Gestational Diabetes; Top Endo Hospitals Ranked
- Morning Break: Lo$ing $leep; Phantom Odors; Using Fido to Score Drugs
- Higher Mortality Risk Seen with Low Carb Diet
- We Must Model Clinical Reasoning
- FDA OKs First-Line Tx for Unresectable Liver Cancer
- Rapid Test Promising for Toxoplasmosis Prevention in Pregnant Women
- Short-Term Insurance Plans Will Hurt Patients, Senators Say
- First Generic EpiPen Receives FDA Approval
- Five Symptoms in Young Girls Tied to Early Adult Anxiety
The headlines of Master Doctor
Aretha Franklin Died Of A Particularly Deadly Cancer That Gets Little Attention
But doctors hope the icon's death helps raise awareness of risk factors and a need for research around the disease.
Burn Fat and Build Muscle With This Upper-Body Dumbbell Workout
If you want to increase your upper-body strength and start seeing muscle definition in your arms , you've got to start doing upper-body workouts. Your arms aren't going to...
Pet owners are using their animals' drugs
Vets often resort to prescribing human opioids to pets because only one is approved for animals. The FDA issued a plea to veterinarians to think about the wider impact of their...
Guidelines to Do Further Research With Parkinson's Biomarker Published
A slate of guidelines have been published to shape the future of Parkinson's biomarker research.
Portuguese kidney disease patient left with 'FROST' on his face
The man's white spots that covered his body are known medically as uremic frost, kidney specialists from just outside Lisbon in Portugal revealed in a major scientific journal.
Are YOU a sufferer? New data from the CDC shows asthma is costing the U.S...
According to a report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention , asthma costs the U.S. economy more than $80 billion each year “in medical expenses, missed work, and...
Survive colon cancer by eating more Omega-3s, says new study
An observational study has concluded that increasing your intake of omega-3s found in oily fish can reduce your risk of dying from colon cancer by 70 percent. These findings...
‘Skinny Fat' In Older Adults May Predict Dementia, Alzheimer's Risk
Some adults, including the elderly, have a condition doctors refer to as skinny fat. This is when muscle mass is reduced compared to what might be normal for that person. Many...
Building on nature: Scientists improve on a plastic-digesting enzyme to stem...
Plastic products are a considerable part of modern civilization, but disposing of them is one of today's greatest environmental problems. A research team at Rensselaer...
Contact Lens Stuck Under Woman's Eyelid for Years
Doctors determined she had a cyst. When they removed it, the cyst broke open and revealed a hard contact lens, according to a paper published recently in the journal BMJ Case...