• Is It Time to Ditch the Calcium Supplements?

    6 monthes ago - By Cathe Friedrich

    Calcium is an essential mineral that your body needs in relatively large quantities, in contrast, to trace minerals, like iron, that you only need in small amounts. You're probably most familiar with the role calcium plays in bone health. In fact, 99% of calcium is stored in your bones and teeth and that portion is vital for keeping your bones structurally sound. The other 1% of calcium is in your bloodstream. This component is critically important for survival on a minute-by-minute basis, as calcium regulates blood clotting, muscle contractions, and the rhythmical beating of your...
    Read more ...