• Performance and altitude: is there anything that nutrition can do for it?

    8 days ago - By Nutrition JRNL

    High-altitude regions are associated with sports, especially football, and climbing. However, tourists, workers such as miners and plane pilots, and residents of these regions also suffer from the same rigors. In South America, for example, each year approximately 4,000 people visit the Aconcagua Provincial Park, in the Argentine Andes, where the maximum altitude can reach 6,960m. Curiously, only 60% of these people visit the park because of the climbing options it offers. The other 40% are attracted to the park by the natural beauty, in spite of the risks inherent to the pass in these...
    Read more ...