• UK food safety agency welcomes conviction in girl's food allergy death

    5 days ago - By Food Safety

    The UK's Food Standards Agency has welcomed the manslaughter conviction of two men after a teenage girl died due to an allergic reaction to a takeaway meal.
    Mohammed Abdul Kuddus, 40, and Harun Rashid, 38, were jailed at Manchester Crown Court. Kuddus was jailed for two years and Rashid for three years. The pair were found guilty this past month .
    On Dec. 30, 2016, Megan Lee fell ill after eating food with peanuts from the Royal Spice Indian takeaway in Hyndburn. The 15-year-old girl was admitted to Royal Blackburn Hospital after an apparent allergic reaction. She died on Jan. 1, 2017. A...
    Read more ...