Mom's Story Goes Viral After Fidget Spinner Lands Her Daughter In The Hospital
2 monthes ago - By Scary Mommy
A piece of the fidget spinner got stuck in her daughter's esophagus
If you have a kid over the age of five, chances are good that you also have a fidget spinner or six in your house . The popular toys have taken over with the grade school set in recent months, but aren't without their risks, as this story of a child swallowing one of the pieces and ending up in surgery proves.
Texas mom Kelly Rose Joniec explains the “eventful” Saturday that ended with her daughter in surgery to remove a piece from a fidget spinner that had gotten lodged in the child's throat.
Janiec writes that on the way...
Read more ...
After a Fidget Spinner Sent Her Daughter to the Hospital, Mom's PSA Is Going Viral
2 monthes ago - By Time
Fidget spinners are the “it” toy right now, especially among primary-school kids. But a mom in Texas is warning parents about a potential danger, after her daughter nearly choked on a metal bushing and needed emergency surgery to remove it.
Kelly Rose Joniec posted about the harrowing experience Monday on Facebook, and her post has since been shared more than 440,000 times. In the post, she writes that she was driving her daughter Britton home from a swim meet when she heard an “odd retching noise” coming from the back seat.
“Looking back in the mirror, I saw her face turning red and drool...
Read more ...
Mom warns about fidget spinner choking hazard after girl needs surgery
2 monthes ago - By NBC News
A Texas mom says her daughter ended up in the emergency room after accidentally swallowing part of the hot new toy.
Read more ...
The headlines of Master Doctor
Pesticide Deteriorates Respiratory Health in Children Living Near Farms
Exposure to elemental sulfur, the commonly used pesticide reduces lung function and worsens asthma in children living near the farm.
Special Care Needed For Type 1 Diabetics Stepping Into Adulthood
A lack of standardized policies across pediatric diabetes centres needs attention to help adolescents with type 1 diabetes.
Bird Nursery Griffinbell Paper Co Custom Art Print
Bird Nursery Griffinbell Paper Co Custom Art Print Bird Nursery Griffinbell Paper Co Custom Art Print Peter Ardito
Indiana mom-of-four lost two sons to opioids in one night
Rebecca Savage, a mother-of-four from Granger, Indiana, lost two of her teenage sons , Jack , 18, and Nick , 19, in one night after the boys overdosed on oxycodone.
Big Pharma just developed a way to medicate unborn babies with prescription...
Researchers from the Swiss Federal Laboratories for Materials Science and Technology have developed a three-dimensional cell model of a human placental barrier that is being...
Fawn Design Diaper Bag
Fawn Design Diaper Bag Fawn Design Diaper Bag Courtesy of Fawn Design
Fisher-Price's Shiloh Backpack Diaper Bag
Fisher-Price's Shiloh Backpack Diaper Bag Fisher-Price's Shiloh Backpack Diaper Bag Courtesy of Fisher-Price
This Bodybuilding Mom Died From a Protein Overdose - Here's What You Need to...
A post shared by • MEEGAN HEFFORD • on May 22, 2017 at 6:32am PDT Meegan Hefford was a 25-year-old mother preparing for a bodybuilding competition, and after passing away in...
Is there a role for vitamin B3 in preventing birth defects?
Adequate maternal niacin intake may cut the number of babies born with congenital abnormalities, suggests a new study in The New England Journal of Medicine.
Serena Williams is showing pregnant women how to exercise
Serena Williams has been open about her unexpected pregnancy and how she stays in shape. The 35-year-old posted videos on Instagram and Snapchat showing viewers her exercises.